ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 2 Match Now Arranged

ITR UKDC2
Clart said:
sh*t i gotta download the patch first. look for me - RRFierce

dude the patch is 170MB will take you around 40 mins ish....

have a look on page 2 of the thread i put the link to the site i got the patch from

SLK 350
Hmm try reinstalling the patch lad. What the error its giving you?

I'll come play a game, what IP you all on?

My game name is 'mav.uk'

Dirty E91
I went on at about 7:30 last night, Wake island lookslike a fun map, shot some bloke then f*cked off, looking forward to Sunday.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Yeah set a time for tonight and I'll be there.

I've only been playing a couple of days tho, I'll expect to get whooped :(.

Welcome to use our Ventrilo server for the match if you guys want to btw?

Last edited:
  ITR UKDC2
clart sorry about last night

my laptop crashed and then gave me the blue screen of death :-(

have to find a windows CD to reboot :-S

anyway tried like 3 times and gave up the server was full

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'll have a bash tonight. I need to get used to the M95 sniper rifle that I unlocked on the last online game. Anyone willing to be a stationary target for me? :cool:

D.

Dirty E91
Darren S said:
I'll have a bash tonight. I need to get used to the M95 sniper rifle that I unlocked on the last online game. Anyone willing to be a stationary target for me? :cool:

D.

I like the M4 or M602 (M16 with grenage launcher), I find it too difficult being a sniper when it gets all close quarter.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Clart said:
i was on top of the crane the other day administering some headshots

LOL. I watched a guy climb all the way up the crane the other week. I waited and waited until he got into a sniping position and then I shot the little fecker off his perch. I would have given anything to see the tantrum he must have had with that! ;)

D.

ITR UKDC2
Darren S said:
LOL. I watched a guy climb all the way up the crane the other week. I waited and waited until he got into a sniping position and then I shot the little fecker off his perch. I would have given anything to see the tantrum he must have had with that! ;)

D.

i was going to say the same thing...........its a mission in itself to climb up there without getting shot! lol

and if and when you do get there...........there aint much cover!! lol

Dirty E91
Is anyone going to be using a headset? Haven't got one myself dunno if it's going to be required?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
martynh said:
I like the M4 or M602 (M16 with grenage launcher), I find it too difficult being a sniper when it gets all close quarter.

You're right m8 - if you miss with the sniper class and they hear whereabouts you've fired from, you're in hot water.

One thing I found that worked great was having twin snipers. I lay prone, slightly downhill from another sniper above me. We were looking both in the similar direction and it was easy to tell who or what the other guy was aiming at. If his shot didn't kill the other bloke, my 2nd was usually enough to finish him off - or vice versa. Either way, you got a frag or was awarded a partial kill anyway.

Having said that, I don't think the other team were much cop. We weren't in cover and anyone with half a brain would have seen where we were. I think we would have been picked off long since if their team was paying attention.

D.

Dirty E91
Is anyone going on tonight? Going to the gym tonight but may be able to get on for hour later in the evening, 9:30ish?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Zorba_the_greek said:
i was going to say the same thing...........its a mission in itself to climb up there without getting shot! lol

and if and when you do get there...........there aint much cover!! lol

I agree Zorba. But what gives the sniper class away the most? The noise of him firing - especially if the target is playing with surround sound on or a decent set of headphones - it's easy to find where they are.

I think the sniper should get a secondary role (and rewarded in due course) as well. Maybe racking up points for pointing out the accurate location of enemy units or maybe providing a target for artillery with a laser range-finder?

D.

Dirty E91
you fly the planes and choppers using the same key and mouse movements for tanks and buggys, you need to practice really, I can't really land very well and being a gunner in a Cobra can be hard if the pilot hasn't got a clue!

The planes are quite hard to fly but the choppers are more vunerable to missiles and gunfire from tanks and the like.

Dirty E91
You need to check the map, they're normally on the aircraft carrier (USMC) or at/near the main base at the start of the round, they reappear after a while when one gets shot down.

If you get a decent pilot in a chopper or jet they can be F*cking lethal!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Clart - they aren't available on a lot of the smaller maps. I think all of the 64-player maps have planes and choppers in them (though I could be wrong) and if you play on single player, you normally find that the bots nab them first before you get the chance.

Flying choppers is quite easy compared to the older Desert Combat - those took real skill. If you have a 3-axis joystick such as the Microsoft Sidewinder FF Pro, flying them is even easier. Granted, the transport choppers are more of a barge to fly than the Cobras and stuff, but at least you can transfer several guys into the landing zone with you. You even get ribbons, badges and medals for doing the job of troop-taxi-driver!

And for those people who don't like going online, I cannot recommend the following Single Player mod highly enough. It's not even 8MB, but raises the current 16-player single-player game limit up to 32 - 31 bots plus yourself. Proper carnage on some maps!

http://totalbf2.filecloud.com/files/file.php?user_file_id=39650

D.