ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 2 Match Now Arranged

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Steady on! :eek: :clown:

It is worth it though. Its a two part process. Once you've 'run it' it creates a desktop batch file that once run, enables 32-player support on all of the single player 16-player maps. It takes a few minutes, but only does it once.

Then you should have another icon to launch the 32-MAN-LAN. This launches the game with a different front-end, but you can now launch an Instant Battle game, much like you'd do with standard Battlefield 2. The best thing is that it doesn't touch the original BF2 installation, meaning you can still use that if you so wish...

D.

ITR UKDC2
Darren...........i have DL and open the patch now there are 2 icons on the desk top

1. 32 Man Lan v4.32
2. 32 Man Lan v4.32 Setup

i have opened both

fingers crossed i am going to start the game up

my mate DL somthing like this a month ago and it mashed up his online BF2 game
he had to reinstall BF2

Cam

182 Cup
This is doin my head in!!! I think theres a new patch now v1.12 240 mb !!!!
Can anybody confirm this??

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had a quick bash last night - not on the CM server though.

First chance I had to use the M95 sniper rifle. Nailed one bloke with my first shot :cool: and got a partial kill on the next bloke. Helped captured a base and then the bloody thing crashed to Windows desktop. Bugger!

D.

ITR UKDC2
Darren ive had a go at getting onto the CS server like 10 times and its either full or it cant find it mate.

does it take a few goes to get onto it?

Dirty E91
I went on the CM server lastnight about 7:30, killed a few but got my ass kicked for the most part.

Practice makes perfect!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure Zorba - I've must have been lucky I guess and tried to logon when it was quieter. At the end of the day, the CM guys pay for that server to be up and running and any CM members will always have precedence over us Joe-Public. I.e., we'll be refused entry if there are a lot of CM guys wanting to play!

Marty - no surprise there m8 - they are very skilled players. They are generally good across the board, but their flying is nigh-on lethal. If you hear a plane, prepare to be fragged! ;)

D.

Cavalier
Darren S said:
Not sure Zorba - I've must have been lucky I guess and tried to logon when it was quieter. At the end of the day, the CM guys pay for that server to be up and running and any CM members will always have precedence over us Joe-Public. I.e., we'll be refused entry if there are a lot of CM guys wanting to play!

Marty - no surprise there m8 - they are very skilled players. They are generally good across the board, but their flying is nigh-on lethal. If you hear a plane, prepare to be fragged! ;)

D.

Just so you know guys no one is refused entry. If you cant get in the server it will purely cause the server is full. The server usually gets busy around 7pm so you might struggle to get in after that time so its a case of keep trying until there is a place. In saying that all CM players have admin rights and we will punt players to get on the server if it is full. This is done at random.

If you struggle to find the server connect through IP 85.236.101.13
port 16668 then once you have done it once the easiest way is through your favourites.

A Crap one! he he
Absoloutly buggar all mate!

all you get is the new little picture of the new unlocks available and u get all the little F***kers in america who already have Special Forces throwin Flashbangs at you on the karkand map!!!!

but cant wait till friday!

ITR UKDC2
DarkAngel-CM- said:
Absoloutly buggar all mate!

all you get is the new little picture of the new unlocks available and u get all the little F***kers in america who already have Special Forces throwin Flashbangs at you on the karkand map!!!!

but cant wait till friday!

GREAT another waste of time downloading stupied patches...........oh well if it has to be done, then it has to be done.

is it true though the new patch allows you to use a grappling hook line??? or am i dreaming?

Cavalier
cant use it until you have SF. you cant get it with the current kits available.

There are also a load of new basic medals with SF and you only have to use it 10 times IAR to get your basic grappling. Nice and easy.

It is kinda a waste of time to a degree cause it dont make any difference to BF2 and is geared Towards SF...but in saying that all the servers are being updated to this patch so even if you dont intend getting SF you will need this patch installed or you wont be able to play online.

Last edited:
  ITR UKDC2
Commando22-CM- said:
cant use it until you have SF. you cant get it with the current kits available.

There are also a load of new basic medals with SF and you only have to use it 10 times IAR to get your basic grappling. Nice and easy.

It is kinda a waste of time to a degree cause it dont make any difference to BF2 and is geared Towards SF...but in saying that all the servers are being updated to this patch so even if you dont intend getting SF you will need this patch installed or you wont be able to play online.

ROGER THAT!

Dirty E91
Zorba_the_greek said:
ROGER THAT!

Sounds like you should be able to use the zip line and grapple hook in standard BF2 after applying this patch.
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_112205

The next Battlefield update is now available. ALL Battlefield 2 owners should install it. And yes, we have a list fixes and enhancements for you.

IMPORTANT
If you've installed the 1.12 update to the "core" Battlefield 2 product and then installed Battlefield 2: Special Forces afterwards, you will need to re-apply the 1.12 update to be able to play on the new 1.12 Servers.

BUG FIXES
  • Fixed a crash when users switch weapons using the mouse wheel while piloting a bomber (SU-34, F-15 and J10) in core BF2 maps.
  • Removed the Grappling Hook and the Zip Line from kits from "The Iron Gator" map.
  • Fixed single player loading screens to match map selection image.
  • Fixed an issue in the menus so that users can click on BF2:SF ribbons to view the descriptions.
  • Fixed an issue in the Browser so that BF2:SF servers are now represented with a green "2" icon.
  • Global improvement of collision detection on the Grappling Hook and the Zip Line.
  • Fixed damage state artillery icon on the 3d map when an artillery is destroyed.
CHANGE of VIDEO SPECS
  • GeForce FX 5900 family:
    • GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
    • GeForce FX 5900
    • GeForce FX 5900XT
    • GeForce FX 5950 Ultra
    • GeForce FX 5900ZT
    • GeForce PCX 5900
  • For these cards, the default video settings have been changed to LOW.
UPDATE TO GRAPPLING HOOK AND ZIP LINE DESCRIPTION

GRAPPLING HOOK
  • The GRAPPLING HOOK is part of the Assault and Anti-tank kits. Throw it using the fire or alternate fire buttons. Press "E" to get on and off of the rope.
  • Use the direction keys to climb the rope. The rope will connect to any static object in the world, which means it will not work on terrain or vehicles. Any Assault or Anti-Tank kit can pick up any grappling hook, even those from other teams, as long as you do not already have one in your kit at the time.
ZIP LINE
  • The ZIP LINE is part of the Special Forces and Sniper kits. Use the fire button to shoot the line and use the alternate fire button to check if the target is a viable connection point or not. Once the line is in place, use "E" to get on. You will slide down the line automatically. Any Spec-Ops or Sniper kit can pick up any zip line, even those from the other team, as long as you do not already have one in your kit at the time.

Cavalier
not saying you are wrong Martynh but if you can use the grappling hook and zip line in normal bf2 they must be doing another patch cause even with this patch installed they are not part of the kits available.

Unless they are hidden from the kit loadout and i have not found how to select it in game yet.

If you hear different let us know thanx

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've got my doubts about all this zip-line and grappling hook stuff. It maybe fun in the short term, but with the medic and engineer kits being exempt - does this mean that they will be confined to the ground while the rest of the classes swing from the scenery like Tarzan?

The medic and engineers are neglected for the most part over more 'favourable' classes anyway - this will make them even more so.

Rant over! :clown:

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
FirePHoenixCTk said:
yeah probably darren s. I dont kno why people dont play medic though its fun.
Engineer is more sucky though. I play spec ops and anti tank mostly.

Glad someone agrees with me, m8! :approve:

Martyn - I've got both options covered. I've got the patch here, ready to go on its own (or fingers crossed) the Spec Ops CD should have arrived at home this morning. Either way, it will be patched come Sunday.

Why do I get the feeling of impending fragdom and a minus score heading my way! :cool:

D.

Cavalier
Darren S said:
I've got my doubts about all this zip-line and grappling hook stuff. It maybe fun in the short term, but with the medic and engineer kits being exempt - does this mean that they will be confined to the ground while the rest of the classes swing from the scenery like Tarzan?

The medic and engineers are neglected for the most part over more 'favourable' classes anyway - this will make them even more so.

Rant over! :clown:

D.

yeah kinda but not quite. your best option is to stick with someone who has one. Once someone deploys it anybody can use it as long as the person with it dont pick it up again straight away.

e.g. i shot an enemy off his zip line then used it to get down myself. nice touch i thought :D