ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cone filter, strut brace

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Matt i wanna race you up the strip just to woooop ur ass....(I'll be in the kart tho) << there's f**k all chance i'd keep up in mine.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Still waiting for the reply of EVOgone about the £100 bet ???

Cant wait to take his money off him - just imagine all the Mr Kipling cakes i could buy with £100 - yummy

MERCEDES CLS AMG
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Matt i wanna race you up the strip just to woooop ur ass....(I'll be in the kart tho) << there's f**k all chance i'd keep up in mine.

What Kart you race mate - me and my pal have just dropped a blackbird lump in an home made Kart - its frightening. Runnin the same lump in a mini we built but with a 100 shot of gas

Last edited:

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
j3ned said:
Still waiting for the reply of EVOgone about the £100 bet ???

Cant wait to take his money off him - just imagine all the Mr Kipling cakes i could buy with £100 - yummy

Look at the posts the challege layed down to you first is, "whoop your ass round the track" your car round the ring in under 8.44....

What does a traffic light grand prix proove any nugget can do a quarter mile....the ball is in your court...

You say that you would whoop ass round the track, i bet your TT clio:-

1. Would probabley break down on one of the laps.

2. Be in the armo, trying too hard

3. In the toilet crying...

Are you ..............................................CHICKEN..

MERCEDES CLS AMG
I am getting to you now :D i know it ........ i love people like you

£100 ?? i would feel sorry taking the money off you - you keep it and buy yourself a crook lock

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
j3ned said:
I am getting to you now :D i know it ........ i love people like you

£100 ?? i would feel sorry taking the money off you - you keep it and buy yourself a crook lock

......waiting for your ring challenge, theres a beer in it..........

Looks like your have chickened out.....shame.

best_thread_ever_by_homer.jpg

Remapped derv Golf
Typical Evo owner. ;-)
****Not really****

Quite enjoyed this topic keep it up lads.

Last edited:
  Remapped derv Golf
J3ned just out of interest. Your car must have massive torque figures with the plan upgrades next spring. What it like mid range? Say 50-100?

a mate got an evo VIII 330 with the 400 upgrade package on it or something, took it to york the week after he got it (think he also bought a new manifold for it) and ran a 12 second quarter.

plus they go round corners.

Remapped derv Golf
Evo's are 4WD FFS! Counts for quite alot off the mark.

Next year the Clio TT should be the fastest FWD car in britain. Unless that Renault 5 goes faster still.

Adamf said:
Evo's are 4WD FFS! Counts for quite alot off the mark.
J3ned got a 1.9 or something to 60 time on slicks so he's not that badly compaired with 4x4's, but still a Evo 4x4 system is better if you stick it on slicks.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
I think he's imature and a Max Power subscriber... Race me race me especially coming out with quote like:-

"It will blow away any production road car" - utter horsesh*t..

Quite frankly each to there own but i think you need to grow up....

Im sure there are various people on CS that would be quicker round the track....and the extra BHP is to compensate for your lack of skill.

Last edited by a moderator:

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
cliovicky said:
EXCUSE ME!!!!!
what the bloody hell are you arguing about grow up will ya !!

Sorry Vicky.

Get an exhaust "prospeed" has got very good reviews and std airbox with an ITG filter, or if you want to keep the induction noise a viper.

Oh and a strut brace OMP are ment to be good ;-)

Wont spam your thread anymore let see if others respect it to.

Clio 172 mk2
EVOgone said:
I have noticed a difference but only on track (like many others), subtle but definately better. Im sure all the track people:-

Yozza
GDI
etc

all have one.

Sorry mate...I did forget to say you wouldn't notice much difference for normal road use....I'm sure if your a real track fiend strut braces and proper suspension alignment will help out handling wise.

Oh yeah...I with you on the evo....still the best all out performance car bar none....apart from perhaps the good old Skyline:)

Maz

LY 200
Seems this thread has gone a little mad.... lol :D

I will however answer your original question ;)

Get yourself a viper (I am sure Matt will sort you a discount) and a nice exhaust e.g Magnex (pics below)

Oh and I have one of those s*it (tut tut) OMP Strut Braces ... lol

If you want a go in mine to see what its like let me know tomorrow hun

Attachments

• Car Back.jpg
    Car Back.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Viper1.jpg
    Viper1.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 49
  mk2 clio 172
edde said:
J3ned got a 1.9 or something to 60 time on slicks so he's not that badly compaired with 4x4's, but still a Evo 4x4 system is better if you stick it on slicks.
That is 0 to 62 feet, you need big and I mean BIG HORSEPOWER for 0 to 60mph in 1.9 sec not to mention some Serious traction.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
omar said:
My 2p's worth:

A strut brace will make a difference, under extreme forces.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y201/omarsadek/StrutBrace/chassisflex/?sc=1&multi=2

Ive been out with Vicky in her car and she doesnt drive it hard are do track days - a strut brace will be a waste of time.

It will look good under her bonnet and thats it. Under very hard driving conditons a quality rigid brace will help. OMP braces flex - ive fitted them on several cars and tried them - they do not make any difference whatsoever - Yozza has also commented on the OMP braces that were fitted to my car and made the same statement ( ask him ) he was the one that told me to scrap em !!!! . Me and my mate have custom built 20mm tubular strut braces made from rigid steel and welded them to the turrets - these work a treat.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
j3ned said:
Ive been out with Vicky in her car and she doesnt drive it hard are do track days - a strut brace will be a waste of time.

It will look good under her bonnet and thats it. Under very hard driving conditons a quality rigid brace will help. OMP braces flex - ive fitted them on several cars and tried them - they do not make any difference whatsoever - Yozza has also commented on the OMP braces that were fitted to my car and made the same statement ( ask him ) he was the one that told me to scrap em !!!! . Me and my mate have custom built 20mm tubular strut braces made from rigid steel and welded them to the turrets - these work a treat.

Interesting...so you now admit that they actually do something.

I agree that if Vicky doesnt track the car or drive it hard then it would be for show only.

If the front OMP strut brace is properly bolted to the turrets (not screwed in) then i doubt it would flex much, i will ask Yozza next tim i speak to him.

Im sure that welding a bar from turret to turret will be the ultimate but im sure there are not many wanting to have their car welded.

Interesting that the Clio race car dont have a welded one...and i feel the difference between a correctly fitted OMP one and a weld in one will be marginal. There is a bigger step improvement going from nothing the the omp and in term of off the shelf item then the OMP for improvement seem to be the best value for money.

Its nice to see that you are talking technical again and not boasting about you engineering skills, your car or guessing peoples technical capacity.

Welcome back.........................