ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drag Racing @ Shakespeare: Sat 27/10/12

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Re: Drag Racing at Shakesphere

Yeah fair enough i see your point, but what are the chances of you doing a trackday in the future? Why buy two when you could buy one.

Of course its up to you and the chances of a roll on a drag strip very low so buying a cheap helmet for that would be fine but you own a renaultsport are you not going to take it on track to see what it can really do?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member

I haven't got the money to go on track days, putting the cost of the actual track day aside which is normally quite pricey,
i'd want 15s with track tyres and spare brake pads so I didn't shed my daily parts.

The dog kennel's having a new steering rack next week as mine's f*cked,
and two new tyres as the knackered rack has ruined my Uni RS2s which were less than 6 months old.
which means i'll have to start saving for a full belt service with dephaser all over again. :dapprove:
(5 years since the last belt change)

I'm probably not going on track until at least next summer. :(

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie

all yours only if you ring me to remind me that this is happening (i will forget!)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah we'll pester you loads Fred.
I should have 3 or 4 helmets myself (all for motorbike but does the job) so between us we'll have plenty.

As for the 27th that's fne with me, I suggested the 14th as it's a sunday so hopefully we'd have a few more people.

Don't want to add more and more dates so if we stick with those two and have a quick show of hands, who want's what.

A) Sunday 14th October
B) Saturday 27th October (with Clio16v)

LIST:

Mharvey - Sunday 14th October (best for me due to work on Saturday's but can do either)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
A) Sunday 14th October

LIST:

Mharvey - Sunday 14th October (best for me due to work on Saturday's but can do either)

Don - Either

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member

Sunday 14th October

LIST:

Don - Either

DaveDreads - Either

I just need a few weeks notice of whatever date is it so I can tell work i'm not coming in.

HBT 172 Cup

Don - Either

Laine_16v - Sat 27th / Sun 28th October (camping)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

I'm in, on my phone so can't add myself to the list

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

Whenever, don't work weekends anymore ;)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member

Whenever, don't work weekends anymore ;)

It's alright for some haha ;)

LIST:

Don - Either

DaveDreads - Either

tom172cup - Saturday 27th

sbridgey - Either date

big boost cup

Forgot it was a weekend affair
LIST:

Don - Either

DaveDreads - Either

tom172cup - Saturday 27th / Sun 28th October (Camping)

sbridgey - Either date

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member

If we go on the weekend where everyone's camping surely it's going to be rammed,
resulting in not many runs?

2002 Clio 172 Cup

LIST:

Don - Either

DaveDreads - Either

sbridgey - Either date

Townlea - Sat 13th / Sun 14th October (I'm going anyway)

At Pod Helmets are only needed if you go over 110mph despite what it states on their website.

Shakespeare a helmet is required regardless of terminal speed. I'm just using a cheap helmet that cost me £50 that has a sharp rating of 5 stars. All helmets have to go through vigorous test to meet minimum standards you really don't need to go overboard and buy a £500 helmet as they all meet high standards.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member

I won't be camping either, just going either 14th or 27th.
I presume either dates okay for you Fred as long as you get notice and then phone calls before and possibly even someone to remind you again on the day haha.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

I won't be camping either, just going either 14th or 27th.
I presume either dates okay for you Fred as long as you get notice and then phone calls before and possibly even someone to remind you again on the day haha.

Us: "Hello Fred, we're all at Shakespeare Raceway...where are you?"

Fred: "FFFFFFUUUUUU..........." ;)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member

Us: "Hello Fred, we're all at Shakespeare Raceway...where are you?"

Fred: "FFFFFFUUUUUU..........." ;)

Haha that's exactly what it'll be like. One of us will have to detour past his house, or the workshop, will probably be there.

Don - Either

DaveDreads - Either

sbridgey - Either date

Wayne9989 - Either day (checked with him by text)

If this is 13th/14th I'll go along

Got a track day end of October so don't want to risk it any later lol
Fred - bring some spare driveshafts/gearboxes ;) :p

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

No smoke no poke. Also if you cover the track in smoke then nobody else will be able to see well enough to put in faster times ;)

true , might just tow it there and finish it off lol. huge black cloud covering the strip me thinks ;)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member

Don - Either

DaveDreads - Either

sbridgey - Either date

Wayne9989 - Either day (checked with him by text)

Cup_Phil - Sunday 14th October only.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If I wanna come as a spectator, what's the deal there? Do I have to pay for anything?

Yeah, think its entrance fee...but no fee to run your vehicle...or you could be a passenger into the venue (which I assume would be FOC)

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member

Today my gearbox has decided to start really f*cking up,
put it in reverse and you get 1st, put it in 1st you get 3rd.

Syncro mesh is obviously f*cked,
if it's still in one peice by the time we go I might just let the strip destroy it.

Let the f*cking thing go out in style.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah, think its entrance fee...but no fee to run your vehicle...or you could be a passenger into the venue (which I assume would be FOC)

Exactly this you just pay the £12 entrance fee Tom. As for passenger when I emailed them they stated it as £12 per person so I assume you pay regardless of car.

Still £12 for the banter and watching us all succeed/fail in the quarter mile isn't bad lol.

I'll give it till say 7 this Sunday and then whichever dates most popular we will go with. Gives those I've PM'd a chance to get their preferences in and then gives everyone time to sort work/other commitments.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Today my gearbox has decided to start really f*cking up,
put it in reverse and you get 1st, put it in 1st you get 3rd.

Syncro mesh is obviously f*cked,
if it's still in one peice by the time we go I might just let the strip destroy it.

Let the f*cking thing go out in style.

Could be bent selector...as its still going to right place...just one step to the right from where it should be.