ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Those interested in AWT Inlets Group-Buy

Golf R/Leon FR
ive had my inlets by AWT, im still to send my old inlets to Ben, but having no job as stopped me sending them to him.

i honestly cant really feel a difference in changing over the manifolds. Or certainly not 13bhp difference.

maybe a remap would sort it?

2005 Nissan Navara
every set ive done have given a "noticeable" gain on the road (sustomer feedback, not just mine), without a remap.
On the dyno they have shown around 11bhp peak average, with a nice mid-range gain in torque.

Again, it boils down to the individual workmanship....

Ph1
i gues it depends also how good your original set were?

As per the gain / difference in performance after work yeah. The castings vary from car to car with these and obviously folk with the RS inlet wont notice as big a difference pre and post compared to say that of a poorly cast ph2 FF

In terms of process its basically the same for all (obviously) port to the size of the gasket :)

williams and trophy
Originally Posted by 2 live
i take it the ports are just matched to the mani gasket....if so why not save yourselves a few quid n do it yerselfs........not fukkin rocket science.

So you reckon the average 20 something male Clio Sport owner armed with a electric drill, a dremel kit and some 80 thou sand paper can do just as good a job as a guy in a machine shop?

What planet are you on mate honestly? Half the folk on here dont even know the difference between a Plenum and a Inlet let alone port the thing!

Would end up being the 'chain saw massacre' of inlets with then knock on effect group buys for stock inlets and new limbs lol

lol..theres is that.

iv built engines on the back street that the tuners have struggled to match performance of tho tbh. spec for spec. like i said..its not rocket science.

williams and trophy
lol.no mate

14.0s with full car .no lightening, and mild cams/remapped ecu. the car was untouchable by most tuners efforts even when they were in a lighter trim/higher spec. as u know , it was the 1 to beat for many years.

clio 182 cup
Ben's probably sunning himself on his dad's yacht in Singapore harbour right now. Last thing on his mind is modded inlets for Clio Sport group buy. If you really feel the need to get them, I'd recommend Stan* as his rep is pretty good.

Iceberg 172
When did RS stamped inlets come into production? ie which models have them?

And can you tell whether your inlet is stamped insitu on the car or do you have to remove it to see?

Considering this...

cheers

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ Undo the 2 bolts holding your Fuel Rail Gaurd and slide it off to look at the front of the lower inlet.
You will see if it has the RS letters embossed onto it

No sure when they came into prodction but my Nov 03 172 has one as standard :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
BUMP

Sean has posted his Results in Brosters Thread

8bhp and 7lb of Torque increase I believe

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
BUMP

We doing this then or am I best just Buying them in Jan off my own back??

"Navy" N17 TWO
Jam-Sport are cheapest for this folks, are we ok to run with it in Jan (2009 of course)? :)
What you's think?

Iceberg 172
^LOL

I guess it needs someone to compare quotes from APD, Jam-sport and AWT (if Ben's interested in doing it), and those interested need to take an opinion on which they company they want to go with.

It's needs someone to co-ordinate it though - I ain't gonna be around often enough to do that job.

2005 Nissan Navara
ive given a price, im not going to undercut someone who is willing to do it cheaper than its worth...

2005 Nissan Navara
Jam-Sport are cheapest for this folks, are we ok to run with it in Jan (2009 of course)? :)
What you's think?

and for the record, how do you know the other members arent after quality as well as value?

Thats not a dig at Jam-sport, im sure their work is great...its a dig at you for assuming price is everything..
Quality costs.

Last edited:
Question for you stan.

My lower inlet has been slightly modified to allow my PTFE gaskets to fit. When i say modified i mean one fitting has been ground down a few mm so it will fit inbetween the bracket and head.

Will this cause a problem, or am i best of coming straight to you so you can modify my current inlet and plenum?

Thanks

2005 Nissan Navara
well unless the "new" lower section is machined to allow for the extra gasket thickness, then yeah it will cause problems.

so you can either come to my workshop and I can fettle the ones you have, or tell me the gasket thickness so I can mill one down to suit.