ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Those interested in AWT Inlets Group-Buy

172Cup
not havin a go at anyone mate. since when is asking questions having a go??

ben....so carbide tools never break/wear....??

il have to tell my mate would save him thousands per month.....he only uses his cnc s for plastic, but the heads dont last long

and jeremy.......i suggest u get a dictionary ;) maybe santa will bring u one.

Anybody else see the irony in somebody text typing and then calling somebody else about their grammar :lolup:

You've got all the keys on your keyboard, try using the f**kers and stop making yourself look like a child with your text typing.

williams and trophy
Anybody else see the irony in somebody text typing and then calling somebody else about their grammar :lolup:

You've got all the keys on your keyboard, try using the f**kers and stop making yourself look like a child with your text typing.

can u see the irony??? smiley faces???????

wasnt calling him bout the grammar at all...but the meaning.

421 Cammed 172
Agreed, this should be locked now, all prices from different garages gathered and a new thread started for the group buy alone.

Poll which garage everyone prefers, if you don't want to go to the garage the group buy uses don't go through the group buy.

Although i'm not sure anyone has stepped forward as the organiser yet?

Iceberg 172
I've been speaking to another guy from the forum about getting this done... [Jam-sport]

Price is around £110 including postage.
Refundable deposit of £50 would be required if the matched set is needed to be sent out first.

[AP Developments] £135.00 upon receipt, based on 3-5 people
£125.00 upon reciept, based on 5-10 people

if theres more people, then I can bring it down a bit more.

yup exchange is available.
If its exchange, then the £100 deposit is still applicable.

Is it possible for one person to organise it ammongst yourselves and email me at info@ap-developments.com?

cheers,
Craig

There you go. There's the first post of the new thread that is urgently required. Tigger, are you running this?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Agreed, this should be locked now, all prices from different garages gathered and a new thread started for the group buy alone.

Poll which garage everyone prefers, if you don't want to go to the garage the group buy uses don't go through the group buy.

Although i'm not sure anyone has stepped forward as the organiser yet?

Childish behaviour has smothered this thread in my honest opinion

I am willing to organise a GB on matched inlets, if I could work out who "we" all want to get them from lol

Iceberg 172
Childish behaviour has smothered this thread in my honest opinion

I am willing to organise a GB on matched inlets, if I could work out who "we" all want to get them from lol

New thread + poll. Robert's yer dad's brother.

Iceberg 172
Dunno who else. IMO it'd be worth getting drive in/fitted quotes from each of the above too and then start a new thread with the two options above and get people to put their name down under one of two lists.

I'd do it but I won't be around much in the next few weeks, and I'm not even deffo in for this yet.

Probably worth confirming prices privately with each company too.

Think i would prefer drive in fitted prices. But i would need to retain my existing lower inlet and plenum as, A the plenum is sprayed and B the lower inlet has been modified to fit the PTFE gaskets.

Iceberg 172
I would because I have neither the time or the technical ability to do it myself! A few in the thread asked for the same.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Don't the PTFE gaskets straight-swap?
I have a set I got from Hill_Power_Clio on here to go with my inlets when I get them done

I'll get some Emails on the go over the weekend :)

Iceberg 172
Presumably, this is the RS stamp on the inlet? In which case I'm gonna leave the matched inlets for now and buy an RS Tuner instead :)

Attachments

• RSInlet.jpg
    RSInlet.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 33
  2005 Nissan Navara
£135.00 upon receipt, based on 3-5 people
£125.00 upon reciept, based on 5-10 people

This includes postage.

Price including fitting would be those prices plus £40.

Yes I match the lower section to the head. Thats where a high portion of the gain comes from...I dont understand why you wouldnt tbh.

If your wanting me to do this work, please let me know asap. If not, then please let me know asap. Ive got a busy jan/feb ahead of me, so prior notice either way would be great, so I can juggle the diary...
Thanks

"Navy" N17 TWO
Can the inlets be tweaked by whoever is matching them so the PTFE gaskets fit, or does the car itself need to be present? :)

RS RIP
^^ mine were send over to Holland by BenR ; he heard of me ordering the thermal gaskets and he did some modifying of the inlets, car being in Holland ofcourse;), and they fitted fine !

"Navy" N17 TWO
Well AngelWorks have already confirmed they aren't able to take on the group-buy so that's that out :(

"Navy" N17 TWO
I honestly don't mind who we run with, both quotes are reasonable and rep is quite good on the site :)

Golf V6 4Motion
many people dont grind off anything at all - the gaskets aren't that much thicker than standard but in some instances a tiny portion needs taking back which is literally a one minute simple task for anyone... and I do mean that. You could do it with a file.

The holes are the same size as the standard gasket.

Golf V6 4Motion
NB: Nothing in concrete at all yet but it is plausible I will be doing business with Jamsport in the new year with these gaskets - meaning you may be able to get an even better deal on the whole package. Like I said nothing set yet - but it may weigh your decision on where this group buy is heading...

E39 M5 & Corsa track
indeed, when i return to work on the 5th of jan i shall be hoping to finalise everything with the PTFE gaskets, we will be able to offer slightly filed down inlets to ease installation by DIY types.

obviously we will be able to do a good deal on inlets with ptfe gaskets for group buy reasons.

Mark

"Navy" N17 TWO
indeed, when i return to work on the 5th of jan i shall be hoping to finalise everything with the PTFE gaskets, we will be able to offer slightly filed down inlets to ease installation by DIY types.

obviously we will be able to do a good deal on inlets with ptfe gaskets for group buy reasons.

Mark

Trouble is this;
APD seem to be the favourite at the minute, which leaves me in a sticky position trying to organise this now

Jam-Sport are offering a slightly cheaper price of having the inlets done, along with a possible deal with the PTFE gaskets too.

For those who intend to have the PTFE gaskets fitted along with their inlets, I would say take advantage of a deal going on
if it does go that way and prices are reasonable :)

A few of you were also requesting fitted prices;
Jam-Sport are in Northampton and APD are based in Swansea
It would benefit the majority buyers to get their inlets from whom they are closest to, wouldn't it?

It's got to a stage now where it is VERY hard to make a choice without feeling like I've offended either company.
I'm happy with either from what I've read/heard so-far and so would be more than content to gather a few names for the Group-Buy.

182, 172 Track Shed
Already bought the PTFE gaskets unfortunately, but would be very interested in group buy at Jam-Sport for getting inlets matched and gaskets fitted