ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Those interested in AWT Inlets Group-Buy

OK guys, the group buy is on for Jan time, which has been previously stated.

Also stan* if your not in the group buy and are wanting to do your own thread about matched inlets, create your own thread and don't spam ours.

We will have more info come the new year with info on when these inlets will be ready.

Cheers guys

M

mini-valver

PMSL! Ignorant b******s.

Stan runs APD and has offered to set uo a group buy for the inlets, he's been doing them for ages and has a cracking rep. He's a supplier, not a customer.

I didnt say anything about the guy, im sure he does a great job

But he hasnt offered us anything but unhelpful comments about people we have been talking about for inlets.

If your interested in doing it stan, how much is the cost? what info do you have on gains from these?

Take a chill pill dude.

All i read that he said that he has offered his services, and that he has seen an 11bhp gain, nothing on how much they will cost, whether he will do exchanges or not?

2005 Nissan Navara
well then pal, i suggest you jump down from your perch, press "back" a few times on the page numbers and have a re-read, as youre obviously missing a fair bit of info.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Children, children, children... STOP!
and for the record, how do you know the other members arent after quality as well as value?

Thats not a dig at Jam-sport, im sure their work is great...its a dig at you for assuming price is everything..
Quality costs.

It's all just as confusing to me as both seem to have a good rep on the site, hence my asking about Jam-Sport. Obviously if I favour one I automaticly dis the other (according to you) Not the case my friend, surely I had set out from square one to get all the interested people together while Ben was off for a GB with AWT inlets - now look where we are :dapprove:

I didn't intend having a go at anyone, or anyone having a go at me either for that matter - I asked if people wanted to run with a Jam-Sport Group-Buy. That's all

If the favour for service & quality lies with AWT/APD/Jam-Sport I will happily run a Group-Buy for the inlets.

well then pal, i suggest you jump down from your perch, press "back" a few times on the page numbers and have a re-read, as youre obviously missing a fair bit of info.

Yes Mikey I have to say you did put your foot in it there mate :nono:

£135.00 upon receipt, based on 3-5 people
£125.00 upon reciept, based on 5-10 people

if theres more people, then I can bring it down a bit more.

yup exchange is available.
If its exchange, then the £100 deposit is still applicable.

Is it possible for one person to organise it ammongst yourselves and email me at info@ap-developments.com?

cheers,
Craig

** Does that include postage?

Also, is the lower inlet matched to the head - I've heard of people having that done when getting theirs matched

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Price will vary a few £'s dependant on who we go with BUT I would like to go with a Company who is able to do a Good Quick Service and who has a Good History on the Forum, I'd prefer to pay £20 more with a Company with a proven record.

What sort of gaskets will I need to refit this? Easy or difficult?

Also, I want to have my original manifold machined. Will this be a problem or is it exchange basis only?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm ordering a Set of PFTE Gaskets to Fit while I get these swapped over.... You'd either have to send them yours Jeremy or Drive upto them I suppose if you wanted your own one done

Just some technical questions:

CNC = Computer numerical control - This was my best guess from my online acronym searches am I right?

Do AWT, Jamsport and AP all do it the same way?

Are they typically done by hand or CNC'd like the head is at manufacture time?

Iceberg 172
Sorry guys, just to let you know I wont be offering to supply the group buy.

Tigger - let's close this thread and start a new one with the quotes from APD (stan*) and Jam-sport.

Then people can decide which they want to go for. Presumably there's no reason why we can't have one list for each supplier.

Could do with a quote for driving in and having them fitted too, as opposed to the postal option.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Ben - Thanks for letting us know fella :)

Tigger - let's close this thread and start a new one with the quotes from APD (stan*) and Jam-sport.

Then people can decide which they want to go for. Presumably there's no reason why we can't have one list for each supplier.

Could do with a quote for driving in and having them fitted too, as opposed to the postal option.

That would be good mate, and I appreciate your effort to help get something going

I'm under the impression that APD & Jam-Sport are as good as each other, respectively as I have read good comments about both, and would have no problem dealing with either

Yo Ben! Why not?

Simply due to the time/cost ratio.

Doing a large batch of manifolds interupts the regular workload and I'm trying to push out a few important jobs. The supply, return, payment of the GB setup just isnt favourable for the profit margins it generates.

I would of said I would do it if every customer was a drive in and fit arrangement, but on the basis of the GB being a cost saving exercise, I dont think many, if any, would go for that.

Just some technical questions:

CNC = Computer numerical control - This was my best guess from my online acronym searches am I right?

Do AWT, Jamsport and AP all do it the same way?

Are they typically done by hand or CNC'd like the head is at manufacture time?

Correct, my manifolds are machined by CNC and thus are the most repeatable and accurate, its simply the nature of CNC. AFAIK we are the only ones to use cnc on the manifolds and it is a royal pain making up a program at allows for casting core shift and taper into the different types of manifolds that renault make. We actually have about 3 programs depending on which core is being machined, otherwise you end up with offset cuts and large steps in core shift areas.

How much Ben? Give your price and irrespective of whether its more than Jamsport et al, people will have a choice who they want to go with. Quality comes at a price and people are aware of that.

Simply due to the time/cost ratio.

Doing a large batch of manifolds interupts the regular workload and I'm trying to push out a few important jobs. The supply, return, payment of the GB setup just isnt favourable for the profit margins it generates.

I would of said I would do it if every customer was a drive in and fit arrangement, but on the basis of the GB being a cost saving exercise, I dont think many, if any, would go for that.

williams and trophy
Correct, my manifolds are machined by CNC and thus are the most repeatable and accurate, its simply the nature of CNC. AFAIK we are the only ones to use cnc on the manifolds and it is a royal pain making up a program at allows for casting core shift and taper into the different types of manifolds that renault make. We actually have about 3 programs depending on which core is being machined, otherwise you end up with offset cuts and large steps in core shift areas.

so ur heads never wear then??? all the manis are exactly the same..no tolerances for head wear etc?

Wear on a port?...........

I'm no geologist so I'm not aware of how many thousands of years it would take for airflow to erode/wear aluminium.

Maybe he doesnt realise that carbide tooling is infinately tougher and harder than alluminium.

Also the CNC machine has this great inbuilt feature of being able to swap cutting tools.........I'm not sure which genius thought of the idea, but I hope he patented it.

williams and trophy
Isn't it meant to be "nob"? lol.

Not seen "2 live" put up anything constructive just trying to have a go at people.

not havin a go at anyone mate. since when is asking questions having a go??

ben....so carbide tools never break/wear....??

il have to tell my mate would save him thousands per month.....he only uses his cnc s for plastic, but the heads dont last long

and jeremy.......i suggest u get a dictionary ;) maybe santa will bring u one.

I think he's trying to hammer home a point.

But I'd still like to remind him that tooling is interchangable, you can resharpen them, replaceable and unlike a puppy at x-mas......not for life. So the point is a moot one.

williams and trophy
there is no point im trying to hammer home......just asking questions.

sumps are interchangeable too...doesnt stop u fukking them up tho does it...resulting in total engine rebuild.

M

mini-valver

Give it a rest mate, the forums got over the "They did this", "Yeah, but they did this" arguement.