ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FCS 0-60, 1/4mile times here

lol

another comment.

wheel spin on a crap surface.

I reckon I could have been getting 5.5sec's 0-60 if it was a better surface.

and whilst in the right hand lane I could hardly see the green light when it changed.

excuses excuses.

I'm happy with it considering it was my first 1/4 mile run.

Biffons_Bridge said:
yeah that was his first run...

the evo was the quickest for most of the day but didnt that pus cosworth run a better time

The VW thing did a 12.52 quarter mile when I was watching around 3:15pm. 4 something to 60 iirc.

Tesla MP3 2021
Chris K said:
and whilst in the right hand lane I could hardly see the green light when it changed.

excuses excuses.

I'm happy with it considering it was my first 1/4 mile run.

your car went like stink mate:evil:

Tesla MP3 2021
ukaskew said:
The VW thing did a 12.52 quarter mile when I was watching around 3:15pm. 4 something to 60 iirc.

yeah the sharoco....thats f**king mental

www.theresults.co.uk

thier gona be there eventualy i think, im happy with my time sub 6sec 0-60, i wanted a better 1/4 though 14.5 i got, but if i used my best 0-60 with my best 1/4 time i would have got a 13.9, so theres room for improvent.

RenaultSport Clio 172 CUP
its ace :p if any1 saw me :p they wud of seen a bad start lol ? :) wheel spin for the win.

Black 172 MK2
MATT BLACKS car = wow once it got traction say bye bye.

muz - i believe they will be up at www.thereasults.co.uk

too slow :( lol

yer the right hand lane you couldnt see the light and omg how much gravel. Kept me spinning for a while, wel lthats my excuse and thats what im sticking to lol

muz

big fat japanese bus
there is a link but it goes to some classic car club at silverstone :(

got a video of my run, you can just see Ian dissapearing backwards ;)

(will edit it in here when it finishes uploading)

Serg said:
MATT BLACKS car = wow once it got traction say bye bye.

muz - i believe they will be up at www.thereasults.co.uk

too slow :( lol

yer the right hand lane you couldnt see the light and omg how much gravel. Kept me spinning for a while, wel lthats my excuse and thats what im sticking to lol

it could have done with a good sweep thats for sure. lol

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
only saw a few runs, remember a black rs getting about 5.8s 0-60 not sure who it was, mightv been chrisK, missed the tt, anybody got any videos?

Didn't one car stick it in reverse and nearly fly back into the marquee?

To be honest I enjoyed the 0-60/1/4 mile run more than the track.

The track can do so much damage to your car in such a short period of time if drove hard.

I kept loosing power on the bottom right hand corner. Think the fuel was struggling to get through.

Also ran out of petrol on my last 1/4 mile run. Ended up parking the car outside the marquee and Carl (lucky) had to bail me out with a can of petrol heh.

Throttled V6 and Daewoo
wow thanks for the pic... i didnt even know you were there sergio.. why didnt you come and say hi?

it was a bad run... will take the williams when its fixed next time

jim

Elise/VX220/R26
phew! I'm glad it wasnt just me that got shite times yesterday, I got a 6.7(!!!) 0-60 and 14.8 1/4 mile I did have all seats/ICE in and a boot chock full of stuff but I would have expected lowish 14s even then. Also On two occasions I won the car in the other lane and the timing gear displayed quicker times for the car in the other lane! (and yes both cars set off together!) One of those was a tuned up GT Turbo and one of them was someone off here (TB'd 172) who I'm sure will verify my outragous claims lol

Must admit though a lot of the times I saw confirmed the timing gear was a crock of s**t, minimum half a second out on the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. Last year I got a 6.5 second 0-60 and I've got 60 odd more bhp this year!!

Yea i have the tb'd 172. First time I wooped your ass.

2nd time I had a really poor start, looked up and you had gone lol.

You were like "haha 1-1" then we got back to the marquee and Mark from GDI said I caught up with you so quickly that I beat you on the 1/4 mile. hmmm

Didn't realise you were pushing out 280bhp?

Elise/VX220/R26
yeah 1st time I got a piss poor start too m8! As I said to you the first run I had traction control on as you cant disable it fully on the phase 1 megs. What the TC was basically doing was killing all the power I'd dialled in on the start so I had to kind of set off twice, really annoying!Second run I pulled the fuse out and so got a better start. Not been funny or owt but you never "caught me up" on that second run I finished about 70 yeards in front of you. (did GDI by any chance do you TBs? ;)) In the first run it was exactly the oppsite way round so in reality we prob werent too far apart although I would freely admit you would get a better time given a totally even run, specially seeing as I had a boot litrally chock full of stuff and all my stero in :)

PS I wasnt trying to be funny or owt when I pulled up to have a chat, you looked a bit pissed off! I dont realy take stuff like that seriously I was only trying to be freindly :( I forget how seriously you cliosport boys take your 1/4 miling ;)

jonnyboy said:
yeah 1st time I got a piss poor start too m8! As I said to you the first run I had traction control on as you cant disable it fully on the phase 1 megs, second run I pulled the fuse out and so got a better start. Not been funny or owt but you never "caught me up" on that second run I finished about 70 yeards in front of you. In the first run it was exactly the oppsite way round so in reality we prob werent too far apart, apart from I wasnt all stripped out ;)

PS I wasnt trying to be funny or owt when I pulled up to have a chat, you looked a bit pissed off! I dont realy take stuff like that seriously I was only trying to be freindly :(

Nah wasn't pissed off at all, wanted to have a chat with you.

Was getting a bit annoyed at the condition of the strip as there was so much gravel I just kept spinning.

Oh well, that was my first 1/4 mile run anyway. All good fun.

My friend who watched the run said that it appeared the digital boards were out of sync with the printouts or something.

Elise/VX220/R26
yeah it wasnt just those runs there were loads that were highly suspect, if you look at times people are getting with 182s n stuff you can see the times are totally out to what you see at pod/york etc

jonnyboy said:
yeah it wasnt just those runs there were loads that were highly suspect, if you look at times people are getting with 182s n stuff you can see the times are totally out to what you see at pod/york etc

I'm gonna go to pod over the summer and have a blast. Let us know if you fancy it.

X-172 Cup
fUbAr said:
ah was that you?

yeah they stopped for 30 mins for lunch.

i was listening to your in depth conversation about my Ph-Quick vinyls, explaining them to your mate lol. :D

was hoping to go up against you, but ended up serving up a spanking to the 306 GTi6. Had him by 1/2 a second! :approve:

Looking @ your time you would have beat me, I had two runs and the one I thought was quickest was slowest :S never done a 0-60 - Standing 1/4 before I was hoping to get a sub 7 seconds tbh but it's clearly more difficult than I thought - had way too much wheel spin - great fun though, beat both my opponents :evil: so I was happy - nice job with the vinyl, looks cool

Saw you pottering about with your vinyls on mate. Can't beleive they stopped for a lunch break. Was qued up for ages near the back. Would have thought they took it in turns to go off on lunch one at a time to keep it rolling. I thought there was an accident as the ambulance came up.

Nearly saw Matt Black have an accident too. He came screaming down towards the end of the queue and some dopey t**t decided to slowly turn right into a car park and he had to slam his brakes on really violently, smoke everywhere and a few skid marks on the road and in the boxers probably.

Elise/VX220/R26
^^ me and our lass saw that, he nearly hit 2 pedestrians too. There were too many people hooning up and down that bit half of them werent even in the queue for the 1/4 miling. That geezer that pulled out on mat I dont think even relaised he'd just almost helped case a nasty crash!

X-172 Cup
Last edited:
  www.renparts.co.uk
fUbAr / Ph1 172 / 7.06s / 15.608s
tomehb / Cup / 6.36s / 15.071s
dave3141 / ph2 172 / 8.04s / 16.456s
stokecitypottermouse / cup / 7.48 / 16.048s
R8TDL / V6 MK1 / 5.9 / 14.6s
Adamio / Ph2 172 / 6.72 / 15.449s
Finchy / Ph2 172 / 7.8s / 15.6s

Joshydee / Ph2 1.4 16v / 9.23 / 16.254s

To be honest considering i thought i got a really bad run it seems wrong.... as its really good time. Lol people were somewhat shocked by how slow me ''wannabe'' 172 was ;)

0-60%20Sprints

www.renparts.co.uk
tbh i thought i got a bad run.... so im not totaly convinced with it.

u must have a very fast 1.2 as i can pwn them big time. Mine has been getting quicker as of recent. coming up to 36k... im going to do a decat as well.