ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Full r****d guide to Macs?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I could do tbh... I'm just looking into iCloud - up until now I've said away from it.

I don't really 'get it', TBH. I just back up my a few things to it, and keep my contacts sync'd with gmail, as that keeps it in a separate place.

Audi S1
I just removed ALL of my photos from my iPhone. Was taking up way to much space (10GB). I've just selected my contacts, calendars, reminders & bookmarks. Also Photo Stream.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I don't bother with any photo's, and somehow have 4.7GB of usage.

Literally no idea how, lol.

iCloud isn't really there to 'use' day to day. It does things without you having to get involved.

Syncs your contacts, your bookmarks, your calendar etc. Those things just happen. You just set it up and leave it.

Audi S1
Most of my 10GB is probably rubbish anyway. I just can't be asked to look through it all. I've just put them all on my HD. I don't think I'll ever have to worry about space again, 2TB is more than enough!

The Magic Mouse is quiet noisey on my desk, I think I'm going to order a mat - or the trackpad lol

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
iCloud isn't really there to 'use' day to day. It does things without you having to get involved.

Syncs your contacts, your bookmarks, your calendar etc. Those things just happen. You just set it up and leave it.

Yeah, I think because I don't have anything 'that' important on my phone, other than my contacts, which sync to gmail, I don't really have any real use for it, other than as a back up.

Audi S1
Any reason why my iCloud backup has been hanging for 15 minutes advising me it's going to take "about 3 hours" ?

EDIT - It's backing up all my apps.

Audi S1
Could I use the Lion CD which came with my iMac on my MBP? Or is it best you just format the MBP with Snow Leopard?

I've got a handful of CD's that ended up wrecked in the glovebox of car/pinched by mates or simply lost but are still on my iPod, what's the best way to get them off it and on to my mac? I'm guessing there's an app/piece of software I can download to do this?

I've got a handful of CD's that ended up wrecked in the glovebox of car/pinched by mates or simply lost but are still on my iPod, what's the best way to get them off it and on to my mac? I'm guessing there's an app/piece of software I can download to do this?

Senuti may be the best bet, someone will probably better me on that one though.