ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heanor and Derby

2002/02 172
Jimzy (another CS member) and I are both in Derby centre, add another two to the growing Derby RS community!

Jimzy has a '54 182 in Black/Gold with cup packs (**54HHR) and mines an Iceburg '02 172 (**02CZH).

I've seen a load around recently, I'll start waving then....

browno

ClioSport Club Member
If anyone wants a recommendation for a decent non-franchised garage locally (I've been there with Sunwin - the 182 was in 5 times in it's first 800 miles, for the same fault!), I can highly recommend Wood Lane Garage in Horsley Woodhouse (http://www.woodlanegarage.com) - it's owned by a close mate of mine who's been wanting to set up on his own for years and has now taken the plunge. Dave's a good honest guy who will do a decent job, and won't rip you off.
If you need to get anything done, tell him Gaz sent you and he should look after you...

Mondeo
Wow - how many Clio Sports in Spondon (Derby)?!?!?!?

Mine is a black 02 172, usually on Notts Road (Spondon) and heading down Raynesway (work at Royces). But it also plods down to Ilkeston, Heanor/L.Mill, Guildford, Warrington, Buxton, etc.

Usually if I see a Sport I flash, pip or wave. However most just glare back at me ;-)

Last edited:
  Mondeo
Seen a red (not Ferrari red) more burgundy in West Hallam by the chip shop/Tesco Metro (?) Im parked mine next to it, but it had gone when I returned.

Nissan 350z
Might have to pass on this. Im heading over Duffield way next Saturday to my mates to wire in my fogs unless anything changes.

What sort of time were we looking at, i might be able todo both. And we are talking 26th right?

S4 Avant
didnt know so many people were from round here, i live in wirksworth, work in ashbourne, and my cars currently in a garage in stanley common. i feel a derby meet coming on

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
I live in Nottm, near Ilkeston with my flame red 172. I've got a mate with a monaco blue 172 too, he's a member on here as well.

Won't be able to make Saturday afternoon meets though due to other commitments :(

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Ah right nice one, sounds good!
Hate my job, can't wait to leave!

I won't be able to make Saturday, and Sunday I'm fitting some springs for someone so this weekend is a no go.

I live in Nottm, near Ilkeston with my flame red 172. I've got a mate with a monaco blue 172 too, he's a member on here as well.

Won't be able to make Saturday afternoon meets though due to other commitments :(

where abouts as i live in ilkeston?

Nissan 350z
Seems the longer this thread stays near the front the more of us Derby lot there are. Group buy on Sunwin Derby and turn it into a proper Renault outlet? lol.

Has anyone tried Looms scrappy by the way for Clio related bits? Im interested in perhaps finding some Clio alloys as a refurb project but ive never been in before.

If you lot have no luck at the scrappy, or just want stuff in future then send me a pm and i can get good discount on genuine renault parts, varys depending on what it is from 10% - 30%

Mondeo
Spotted a black CS (not sure if genuine or look alike) 04 plate driving through Draycott towards Breaston. Had BIG spoiler on roof and black windows, driver had long blonde hair and a beany. I flashed and waved but he didn't see/blanked me ;-)

340i
I get parts at so called "trade" price from Reanult... after going to GordonLamb in Chesterfield the best price i can get fitting kits for is £35!!! what a rip off haha

Full Fat 182
where abouts at royces do you work mate?
i've never seen a black 172 around.

i'm on B-s**te at the minute!

The not very well known site on Raynesway... ...where they pulled the big office block down at the front because it was crumbling/cracking ;-)

Seen your motor when picking my Dad up from Raynesway site before. He works in the firestation

Mondeo
Seen your motor when picking my Dad up from Raynesway site before. He works in the firestation

Ah, there are two black Clio Sports at Raynesway, mine and another. I usually cycle in so chances are it was the other. Mines an 02, but I usually only see the other out of my window at about 200 yards, in between cars, so not got his plate yet!

Is your dad at the RR-Raynesway fire station? If so who is your dad? My aunty was friends with a a lady whose ex-hubby was a RR Raynesway fire fighter, think the lady was called Stasha/Stesha/Stella, or something like that ;-)

Full Fat 182

Ah, there are two black Clio Sports at Raynesway, mine and another. I usually cycle in so chances are it was the other. Mines an 02, but I usually only see the other out of my window at about 200 yards, in between cars, so not got his plate yet!

Is your dad at the RR-Raynesway fire station? If so who is your dad? My aunty was friends with a a lady whose ex-hubby was a RR Raynesway fire fighter, think the lady was called Stasha/Stesha/Stella, or something like that ;-)

His names Andy and yeah he works in the firestation

340i
I never realised we had this many Derby members..

Definatly have to sort a meeting out sometime, meet at Sunwin Renault anybody haha?

P.s I am from Alfreton (10mins down the A38)