ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help ASAP - Running problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Exige S1 + Honda S1
its as fast as my brother's s1 exige, so i'd say that its pretty nippy :D

kenny brown also commented 'fast little bugger'

Exige S1 + Honda S1
yes so, an update!

heard there was some moderating been done while I was away??

anyways... I got the car home running on 2 and thought.. right im going to have a good crack at the wiring.

I took 20mins on the fuses and took both ecus out. I replaced the omex and the renault ecu after sorting the wiring to be neat again.
I started the car to check the wiring when it was running, and it was running on all 4. so started to have a fiddle with the loom and noticied it jumped to 2 cylinders when I wiggled the omex... weird.

So wiggled it again and it went from 2 to 4 then to 2 then to 4..... ooooh I thought to myself....

Everytime I squeeze the omex connector and loom into the ecu it cuts 2 cylinders...

Im off to try and sort out why its doing this as all the connectors seem the same.

f**king f**k f*****s at kenny brown for charging me 250 sheets and not trying this, more fool me for not trying it 2 months ago

If this does prove to be the problem then I feel like a right fan-ny but also ultimately overjoyed its fixed

V6 Exige, GTR R35
maybe needs some magic paste on the omex connectors phil?

hope you get it sorted soon fella......

that car owes you so you cant sell it!

Exige S1 + Honda S1
another update....

went out tonight with the intention of making the connections 100% and therefore working again.

the car was jumping between 2 and 4 when I was trying to see which wire was loose. Now it just runs on 2 no matter what I do with the loom.

It could be a broken wire just off the loom or it could be the ecu itself.

Could someone with an omex pease take a picture of the inside of the ecu towards the back of the loom, there is a point on mine which looks suspect

Any help is greatly appreciated

M

mini-valver

Is the loom heatshrinked? Or can you see all the individual wires upto the connector?
Pics of it would be helpful mate.....

Exige S1 + Honda S1
they are individual, ive taken each one out of the loom one by one. to check the wire into the crimp and all are fine, thats what makes me think it could be a broken wire.

it seemed to run fine when I pushed the loom back off the ecu before. Il find a pic if I can, think I took one on my phone

heres one of the loom after I took back the rubber cover a bit>

Image507.jpg

Last edited:
M

mini-valver

Strip the rubber insulation of the loom and trace each wire back to it's source, or as far back as you can, checking for cracks and signs of the wire perished. If you find one that looks suspect strip, it before the crack and run a length of wire in it's place to the ECU connector. Do that on any wire that looks fooked, and see if it makes a difference on any given wire.

That way you can isolate each wire and revert back to original if ithey are all fine by wrapping insulation tape around the area you had stripped back.

Hope you sort it mate, it's starting to piss ME off, LOL!!

Exige S1 + Honda S1
Its going to gdi now, going to get it on its way tonight

haha think how its making me feel!!

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
what a ball ache!! at least i`ll be able to `spot` ur car there :), cause i`m hopefully going to pick my bro`s KA up n drop mine off 2day :cool:

M

mini-valver

If it is the loom that's faulty, what comeback have you got on that? Or is it a case of coughing up??

Foxon, what's happening with your's now?

Exige S1 + Honda S1
hopefully it would be repairable, I doubt andy will have any trouble finding the fault, he said he has got a brand new omex to try that out too.

foxon, doubt it will be there soon, im thinking later tonight

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
hopefully it would be repairable, I doubt andy will have any trouble finding the fault, he said he has got a brand new omex to try that out too.

foxon, doubt it will be there soon, im thinking later tonight

arr ok, u can spot me then ;)

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
If it is the loom that's faulty, what comeback have you got on that? Or is it a case of coughing up??

;), new helix clutch, samco hoses, oil cooler, oil catch tank, lightened n balanced flywheel, new track rod ends and the engine bay cleaned when the engines out for the clutch work. so should look :butt: LOL

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

;), new helix clutch, samco hoses, oil cooler, oil catch tank, lightened n balanced flywheel, new track rod ends and the engine bay cleaned when the engines out for the clutch work. so should look :butt: LOL

nice!

as said, you have too much to spend!:evil:

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup

nice!

as said, you have too much to spend!:evil:

more atfer that aswell, gotta save the penny`s for christmas + my birds birthday on the 15th november (n i ain`t brought oat yet :dapprove:)

mini-valver, not self employed but do jobs on the side ;)

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
phil

car safe and well at work... well safe at least.... had a little look today, will let you know when we have had a propper look...

Exige S1 + Honda S1
Cheers andy,
called quickly today to see if there was any damage to the car when it got there. The AA guy said it would change trucks 5 times and the splitter scraped badly when I reversed it onto the truck the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.