ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

RB Clio 182
Not really an update but I have spent two days detailing the car inside and out.

Yesterday I did the interior, carpets, mats, boot and seats all cleaned and hoovered, seats, dash and all trims treated.

Today a spent 12 hours on the paintwork and engine bay including a machine polish and the works along with the wheels polished and sealed, I have to say it looks absolutely fantastic, I think its the best its looked tbh, its MINT!

Well apart from two minor imperfections which will be sorted soon along with the wheels being powdercoated, or new wheels being powdercoated(182 rims or turinis)

I'll get some photos up tomorrow, I didn't get time today.

Yeah bet that looks AMA-ZING now after all that, cleaner than when it was new haha

Know what you mean about 182 wheels, kinda almost decided on keeping the standards in silver on mine now!

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Just blasted through the last 10 or so pages, awesome car mate really want to see it in the flesh, shame you couldn't make it to CSF, us Yorkshire lads had a right old day and natter!
A mini meet soon should definitely be on the cards.

RB Clio 182
A few pics of my clio can be found here, i really need a proper camera rather than my phone!

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/a-few-of-the-turbo.796519/

2162d5d7-ca97-4fcb-8ffd-46d9d2227f3c_zps9t4mklcb.jpg

RB Clio 182
I'm considering selling the Clio to free up some money, I am not 100% yet but if anyone is interested send me a pm.

I'm going to have a good think about it as i absolutely love the car but im having work troubles and as I say I could do with freeing up some cash.

I am in no rush to sell as im not quite living on beans and toast yet so no silly offers will be accepted :).

If I do decide to sell up ill put an ad in the for sale section but if anyone is genuinely interested send me over a pm.

Mec 350 slk manual
I'm considering selling the Clio to free up some money, I am not 100% yet but if anyone is interested send me a pm.

I'm going to have a good think about it as i absolutely love the car but im having work troubles and as I say I could do with freeing up some cash.

I am in no rush to sell as im not quite living on beans and toast yet so no silly offers will be accepted :smile:.

If I do decide to sell up ill put an ad in the for sale section but if anyone is genuinely interested send me over a pm.
That's a shame you put a lot of time into this , I thought you new job was going well

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
You know it's a part of you now mate, you'd have to chop it off and then you'd always have that sense that it's still part of you but you won't be able to use it ever again. Stop buying food first. [emoji38]

Haha yeah we've all been there with different cars! My classic example is my old red Fiesta RS Turbo, sold it 4 years ago and still regret it everyday, was running 195bhp and popped and chattered like a good 'un but looked standard (see, always been about the oem 😂 ) . BUT....... waffling aside, we can learn from our mistakes and feelings of regret from selling cars.......... so keep the turbo as you know you'll regret it :laughing:

Glad to hear you're keeping it Tom, would be a shame to get rid of it now it's running smoothly!

If you do think of selling it in the future, drop me a message, as I would be genuinely interested (subject to having the funds at that time)

Ph1 172 turbo
Hi. Just wondering if you could advise the issue u had with the boost cut. As mine does the same. If I put it in high boost it randomly cuts the power. (Well annoying). The car is due to go back to Andy but struggling to get a date and thought if it's something straightforward maybe try it myself. Or even book it in to efi myself.

Cheers joe

RB Clio 182
Hi. Just wondering if you could advise the issue u had with the boost cut. As mine does the same. If I put it in high boost it randomly cuts the power. (Well annoying). The car is due to go back to Andy but struggling to get a date and thought if it's something straightforward maybe try it myself. Or even book it in to efi myself.

Cheers joe

Hi mate, I ended up taking it straight to efi, he found it was a wiring issue something to do with the coolant sensor and it reading wrong and cutting the boost.

Chris would sort it mate, he can also delete the part of the ecu that detects the problem if you want him to so it doesn't come back, not recommended but as long as you keep an eye on the temp gauge ull be fine, he sorted mine in about a hr and tweaked the map to make sure everything was still 100%

Ph1 172 turbo
Wouldn't bother mate just go straight to efi !
I just dont want to bother efi if it's not there responsibility to sort. But I will drop them an email and explain my situation and see what they say. From reading this thread I assume they will be more than helpful. I'll stop gate crashing this thread now sorry haha

RB Clio 182
I just dont want to bother efi if it's not there responsibility to sort. But I will drop them an email and explain my situation and see what they say. From reading this thread I assume they will be more than helpful. I'll stop gate crashing this thread now sorry haha

No worries dude, from experience just take it to efi he will sort it with pleasure, I am assuming that he mapped it in the first place so he will be more than happy to help.

RB Clio 182
So the OZ's have gone and I now have some standard 182 wheels which I picked up today from being refurbished in rover stone grey, I'll get some pics up tomorrow after a clean, I love it all oem!

RB Clio 182
Here's a few pics of the oem turbo after fitting the 182 wheels which i have sealed today, i have given the car a good clean.

I gave the car a machine polish/wax etc the other week and this is the first time that i have washed it since and it looks awesome! i only have an iphone so i cant capture the shine properly but its nice.

7b8d7996-ced8-425d-b338-5fe2e98a64d8_zpscphrrxkf.jpg

929a8e44-994d-445b-9856-e74a92d2ba99_zps9jjus0lf.jpg

21e1f305-02ec-4472-b687-e497aeea467b_zpsmzjxsumk.jpg

IMG_0108_zpsx1hwjupu.jpg

286a6a5e-5c6b-4cf2-9ec4-5eae431d446a_zpseui2qvh5.jpg

41513081-ffa0-424d-92c2-0e7f8d920ff4_zpsfhv39kwi.jpg

Last edited:
Just when I think this car can't get any better, it doesn't.

Really not a fan of the wheels but with the work that's gone into it it's a minor point really. Looks so tidy and oem. Great job mate

RB Clio 182
MOT passed today with a few small adviseries, rear disks are pitted, mist around the rear shocker, small cat leak and something with the handbrake, although it had two brand new oem cables last year so thats a weird one.

These will be swiftly sorted.