ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Owner

2003 172
Hi all,

Having missed my old 1.4 Clio after selling it 5 years ago. i now have gone and bought myself a 2003 Clio 172 with 51k on the clocks
i have to say the car is awesome!

I do however have 1 or two problems with the car. nothing that cant be easily fixed. e.g. exhaust mount needs replacing and there is no history is the cam-belt being done.
i do however have one question that i hope you guys can help me with.
there are loads of wiring behind the glove box and that have been cut and a connector that have nothing plugged into it. does anyone know what they do?
DSC_0522.jpg

DSC_0521.jpg

as far as i can tell, everything in the car works

Regards

James L

2003 172
i have just noticed that the alarm doesn't work. so i assume these are the wires for the alarm?

James L

Clio 2.0 16v 182
That's where the immobiliser is usually fitted. Inside the lower dash so it's close to the original immobiliser(in front of the gear shift) and right next to the ecu wire loom. It's common for 172 immobilisers to pack up completely when left sitting. Since yours is at 51k, I'd assume this is what's happened.