ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Progress Pictures

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
like i keep saying, criticism builds better cars.

If i post finished pictures and everyone says its s**t, I'll have to put my thinking cap on wont i ;)

172 M69 eater
lol respect to ur attitude!! hope it all looks sweet! wat colour will it be... im too lazy to look thro 5 pages!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
same again. Ieventually want a wide arch kit on it, but thinking of something new and suitable is somewhat dificult :(

juts looking for some number plate light bolts at the moment

Jelous? Why would i be jelous.

I really didnt try to start an argument. We have both modified or cars with similar tastes and styles. I did not say anything negative apart from 'lose the gold' and the the works seems a tad expensive.

Before you started rippin my car.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
can we please get back on topic, i dont want my thread locked :)

I've re read what I posted regarding your car CD Mullins, and maybe i was a little harsh commenting on the paint when I have not seen it up close, so I appologise for that, you are obviously happy witjh it and thats all that matters I suppose.

theduckeatspork: I heard you the first time. I'll reply to this when i see my car back, cause I'd much rather pay over the odds and get a good job done. obviously i cannot comment on their work till i see the finished article.

for those of you who are interested i managed to find some number plate light bolts called "lites n boltz" from Demon Tweaks, for £43, very expesive i thought but i need them for the MOT :(

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Well if they do a top job then its money well spent IMO. they told me when iwas first getting a quote they weren't the cheapest, and where in fact one of the most expensive around, but they are also local, and the convenience factor also helps.

I did alot of research regarding this company before sending my car here, and yours is the first bad bit I've heard, a few others moaned regarding the price, but like i say, I dont car as long as I get what I want, Didnt CD Mullins car take 7 months? Mines only been worked on for 5 days in the pics that you have saw. I'd gladly pay more to get the car back quicker if it didnt corrupt the quality of the finished product

No worries, mate. Took a while for my work to get done. hope you dont have the same problem.

Cant wait to see the finished article!

well my experience was with ym exhaust build, they firstly put a universal back box, no problems, then had full system built, inc. decat, first of all i had problems due to THEM breaking the lambda sensor, then once they decided it must be the decat and put my cat back on, along with a new lambda sensor, the exhaust was blowing slighty from the down pipe, no problem i though take it back and they'll fix it, they tried to but made it FAR worse, i actually ended up with zero emisions coming out the back as it was blowing straight out of down pipe! Also, where the exhuast goes over the rear bar, instead of fabricating a piece of stainless steel to go over it, they have left the original piece of mild steel in place! Eventually after almost ten visits its fixed, but i'm left with a decat thats not fitted, and the money i spent there I could have had a hayward and scott, or a prospeed exhaust built, which would have been far better quality.

Personally do not like modded cars and the Mullins car/attitude turned me against them even more.

If this is a true 'modified' car and not a 'mcdonalds' car I will keep my eye on the thread as I am interested to see what it turns out like.

I think your attitude will go along way to stop the bad comments CDMullins has recieved in the past. CDMullins this is Crazy_Clios thread so dont hijack it and turn it into the usual slagging match!

CDMullins said:
Didnt realie Carzone did wide arch or maybe, the customised bodyshop did that???? u c**k!

"Was your respray a full shell respray? Enmgine interiors and window out?"
Yep u want pics to prove it?

I am not trying to make a "McDonalds Car" as i call them, IF i wanted that i would have just bolted o na carzone kit, a flip paint job and i'd have had it back by now. I'm afta a one off custom show car,
So what exactly is one off bout your car? hows the interior, dash, bonnet, skirts thought not!

I've no idea why the bumper fits so poorly, Its apparently a genuine Sabre Drift But I disagree.
So where did you but it from and why did you buy it if you did not think it was genuine.

I want a electric purple to lime green tempreture change respray
How old?

theres no point paying for a new respray for a colour i dont really want!
Did you not say you could afford a respray earlier, now u dont want 1!

No offence but I saw the quality of your paint in an up close picture and I was quite dissapointed.
Until youve seen it in the flesh, shut that hole in your face, or ask someone that as seen it!

There arent alot of cars with it
You joing yeah???? dont know what part of the country you come from!

I really dont know what ur problem is mate, i thought we would get along aa we have the same interests however you have decided to make it a competition!

Mentioned it because of this^ just seemed like what you would expect from CDMullins really rather then the measured thought out responses from Crazy_Clio.

Anyway your right enough said about Mullins. Keep us updated Crazy_Clio.

Last edited:
  Octavia VRS
Crazy_Clio I think your car looked really good before. I respect what you are saying about the 172/182 situation and you have come across very level headed in this thread. Hope your car comes back just how you wanted it

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
i think if i was a bit older i would have kept it looking like that with a MONSTER engine under the bonnet.

The reason my car was in the garage was becuasea taxi did this too me :( I was stationary at the time and he reversed into me :( I had ALOT of bad before this, (including the keys been robbed at knife point!) So decided to just go for it :)

crash-2.gif

crash-1.gif

His insurance paid for the damages (mods were declared so i got them all back :) So i got the bodyshop to fix my car and mod it at the same time (they were the first set of black angel eyes on a clio mk 2 I believe :)

I'm going to see it tomorrow :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
MArtin, You would haven't of left it like that, You'd have left it LOOKING like that ;)

I'm sure my bodywork budget would have been spent on engines and insurance if it was you wouldnt it ;)

was black/gold ff 182
looks good at the min mate i did my clio up no where near like yours but got a bit of critisicum but at the end of the day i liked it and thats all that matters heres a few pics loving the colour lol ;)
P6250307MA9245790-0003.jpg

30-05-0420019MA9245790-0002.jpg

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
very nice, It just goes to PROVE I needa Respray if I'm going to get anyway.

Think I need a chat with them whe nI pop In Tomorrow

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Crazy Clio said:
MArtin, You would haven't of left it like that, You'd have left it LOOKING like that ;)

I'm sure my bodywork budget would have been spent on engines and insurance if it was you wouldnt it ;)

eather that or a brand new car lol, but i still beleive if you cant afford to insure it theres a good reason why! so your quite right sticking with your 1.2 for now, plently of time for fast cars once you can handle them :D

Bound to not look to my taste when its finished but fair play for the way you've handled the stick from some people. Makes a change for people not to throw their toys out of their prams.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Japanesse Vehicles will alwasy have the edge over the French as far as im concerened, Plus I dont like to keep things standard, and the CTR is MUCH more tuneable :)

I've always loved Japenesse cars for some reason, My dad can't under stand this, as we have had Porsches since as long as I can remember (Got a 911 C4 At the moment, which has some "interesting" encounters wit ha Mk 2 Clio V6) he cant understand why I would like Japanesse cars lol.

Plus prefer the looks of the CTR, and I've already had a Clio so.

And it would have to be a 172, as I dont like the phase 2 shape clio :)

Loony, I'm not expecting it to be to everyones taste, but thanks for the kind words :)

Drive a CTR and a 182 back to back, they deliver almost identical performance but in a very different way. Normally devide people with most people liking one and hating the other. My dad had one before changing to the new Golf GTi and i drove it plenty of times. It was better than the clio in some areas and in others not as good. Personally the drive let it down, not as chuckable wasnt as happy changing direction the ride was fairly harsh for a standard car and the steering doesnt give much in the way of feedback. Like i say drive both and see which you personally prefer.

MKIII 138
Loony said:
Drive a CTR and a 182 back to back, they deliver almost identical performance but in a very different way. Normally devide people with most people liking one and hating the other. My dad had one before changing to the new Golf GTi and i drove it plenty of times. It was better than the clio in some areas and in others not as good. Personally the drive let it down, not as chuckable wasnt as happy changing direction the ride was fairly harsh for a standard car and the steering doesnt give much in the way of feedback. Like i say drive both and see which you personally prefer.

im assuming he wants the Honda + Type R badge, him,his mate will think its ace, shame really as the Clio name is too girly and has knowhere near the image to compare with that but its a better car to drive imo

the clio has one advantage unlike humans girls really like cute things.. macho men get the chicks, macho cars, dogs or babies dont. drive your cliosport near a bird in another clio or just park up and you will get looks or even some girls coming up and chatting to you about your nice car ! trust me thats better than any type-r badge

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
i would never buy a car cause of the badge and i ESPECIALLY dont need a car to chat a girl up, i dont use a car to get girls lol ;)

I want the civic type R becuase it has a great engine. end of.

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
meggerman said:
im assuming he wants the Honda + Type R badge, him,his mate will think its ace, shame really as the Clio name is too girly and has knowhere near the image to compare with that but its a better car to drive imo

the clio has one advantage unlike humans girls really like cute things.. macho men get the chicks, macho cars, dogs or babies dont. drive your cliosport near a bird in another clio or just park up and you will get looks or even some girls coming up and chatting to you about your nice car ! trust me thats better than any type-r badge

would you really want a bird that liked you just for your car anyway?

Seems a bit of a narrow minded way of choosing a car. The M6 has an awesome engine but i'd never buy one even if i could afford it, doesnt spec/handling/looks/ride comfort play any part in the choice?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
and we all know the M5 is an awesome car, much better value than the m6!

Obviously i dont just like the civic for the engine, i like all aspects of it, much prefer it to the clio :)

off to the bodyshop now, back on topic ;)

But have you driven both ? ;) im just pointing out that it's better to choose something from experience rather than assumptions or just by looking at it. I drove loads of cars when choosing mine never would have blindly bought what i liked the look of or assumed was best.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
just been the bodyshop, and they are having some huge problems with the front bumper. However the archwork for NINETEEN INCH Wheels has been completed, but I cant afford the rims for a while lol, hopefully 17s wont look too small. I've gotsome pictures of how the skirts looked without the smoothing in and without widening the side of the car.

The rear bumper has been fitted and they have started to smooth it into the wing, they have also started to relocate my exhaust, and smooth out the rear number plate light, They think it will be ready around the start of December, I originallywould have had it back by now but I keep thinking of new things to do :)

anyway heres some pictures:

Image044.gif

Image043.gif

Image042.gif

Image041.gif

Image040.gif

Image039.gif

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
God I would die if my car looked like that.

Not saying that it's gonna be nice when it finished, but wen it's all in bits - it scares me!

Can't wait to see the finished project.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
funny that i love seeing my car like this lol, yoiu should see the interior if you think that the exterior is bad ;)