ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: Soixante-Sept - Je suis rentré

...or - I have returned :D

Mileage Log - 61,800

With a commute of 80 miles per day looming and a house purchase on the horizon, I needed to sell the VX and get a practical commuter car.

Cue - Renaultsport Clio Trophy #067

8657773429_5c6db68a11_z.jpg

Trophy #067_3 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

8658882134_dc15241c8d_z.jpg

Trophy #067_1 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

8657774813_beec640459_z.jpg

Trophy #067_2 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

Big thanks to Steve@R-Sport Cars for a painless transaction and Jamie on here who was the previous owner and gave me a blow by blow warts'n'all run down of the car before purchase.

Bit of an impulse as I intended on getting a cheap PH1 but when Steve put it up for sale I just couldn't resist.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?691966-TRADE-SALE-TROPHY-67-*SOLD*

I will keep this project thread updated and it will be in the safe hands of "Unit MotorSport LTD" tomorrow night.

Plans...

Cosmetic:

Spray grille satin black
Refit standard interior trim - I have
Source 1/2 leather rear bench
Sort pink door handles
Full enhancement detail

Mechanical:

Fit discs, lines and DS2500's with ATE superblue - I have
Fit Cooksport springs - I have
Koni adjustable rears
Change oil at first available opportunity
Fit OMP 320mm wheel and MOMO boss

Performance:

Realign and seal Yozza exhaust
Possibly the "cat-mod"
RS-tuner map for now
Cams or RS2 possibly on the cars in the future

Driving:

Last weekend in April I will be attacking the Welsh country sides with some serious exotica
Llandow trackday with Burpspeed
Commute religious in it until it has done 1,000,000 miles!!

Cheers
​Sam

Last edited:
Awesome! I now want another, thanks Sam :(

Trophy's are superior in every single way!

Oh yes baby! I knew you'd be back! Didnt think it would be a trophy mind...

I knew I'd be back as well, in an Arnold Schwarzenegger kinda way :)

New pants required already, it's been more sideways in 20 minutes than the VX has in 11 months. The rear shocks are cup packed and the fronts are sachs, can't help but think that's "upset" the handling somewhat lol!!!

SO.MUCH.FUN.

RB 182
saw you'd changed your avatar.. KNEW you'd have a project thread up! ha ha

​great purchase!

Lol! How you finding the recaro's compared to your old ones?
The seats are far superior if a tad too high for my lanky frame. I keep telling myself that a drivers pole position would be ideal, and then reality kicks in that I need to do 400 miles a week in a suit lol!!

The steering wheel is just ridiculous though. That needs to go ASAP. I feel like I a piloting the HMS Belfast.

Edit - In before "needs silvervisions"

Saw your new avatar too. Had to search for this thread. The Trophy looks amazing btw, Steve is the man!

Subbed to this thread.

​Trophy's are sexual.

Nice practical commuter. ;)

Indeed!

Logic dictated it was stick fuel in this and spend an extra 100 quid a month, or buy a diesel and slowly want to kill myself.

Yozza might grow tiresome though.

Saw your new avatar too. Had to search for this thread. The Trophy looks amazing btw, Steve is the man!

Subbed to this thread.

​Trophy's are sexual.

Thanks mate :) Much appreciated!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Saw the avatar change. Came immediately looking for this thread! Congratulations mate - it looks like a very nice purchase indeed. :D

Last weekend in April I will be attacking the Welsh country sides with some serious exotica

Sounds interesting...? Can I come? LOL! :D

Enjoy the T mate. I'm sure you will.

Saw the avatar change. Came immediately looking for this thread! Congratulations mate - it looks like a very nice purchase indeed. :D

​Sounds interesting...? Can I come? LOL! :D

Enjoy the T mate. I'm sure you will.

Thanks very much! Yours is a stand out car for me on here and one of the reasons it swayed me towards the T.

Wales is a paid up tour unfortunately... Will do a full Cliosporticle (sp) when I return, but intend on annoyingly snapping around the heels of some German buses!

Looks really nice. I actually like the RenaultSport boot badge the wrong way round too :)
Plans sound perfect to me.

Me too! Big fan, but thank Jamie for that.

Thanks a lot, simple but effective I think!

Last edited:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks very much! You're is a stand out car for me on here and one of the reasons it swayed me towards the T.

Wales is a paid up tour unfortunately... Will do a full Cliosporticle (sp) when I return, but intend on annoyingly snapping around the heels of some German buses!
Thank you sir, very kind of you to say so. :) Enjoy the tour and I look forward to the Cliosporticle... Trophy's love Welsh roads. :eek:

Cheers! I can't recommend the Koni's enough. One of the best things I've bought for #41.

I think that's the way I'll go. The Sach's ride bumps so well, firm but compliant. I really didn't get the fuss until I drove it tonight.

Rears need looking at, either replacement sach's but the koni's have a lifetime warranty so financially they'd make good sense.

I think that's the way I'll go. The Sach's ride bumps so well, firm but compliant. I really didn't get the fuss until I drove it tonight.

Rears need looking at, either replacement sach's but the koni's have a lifetime warranty so financially they'd make good sense.
The last bit is exactly what I thought - for as long as I own the car I won't have to worry about rear dampers.

If you do go for Konis, set them to half way and the Sachs to 22 clicks from soft and you're onto a winner. Absolutely amazing handling.

Looks lovely chap, you tracking it at Llandow? If the timing works out, your welcome to have the cams out of mine for a good price ;)

I am indeed (people should fit in this easier for hand holding) and it'll probably be my first track day.

What cams are they? More importantly, breaking the Clio or replacing with something else?

The last bit is exactly what I thought - for as long as I own the car I won't have to worry about rear dampers.

If you do go for Konis, set them to half way and the Sachs to 22 clicks from soft and you're onto a winner. Absolutely amazing handling.

​Thanks for the tip, I'll bear that in mind!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Lol at the hand holding. :)

They are 438s, and the flamer is destined for a forged engine rebuild with either ITBs (so I'd need lairy cams ideally) or a turbo. The 438s are strong road / track cams, but I could sacrifice some road comfort / idle in the future as the flamer will mostly be a track day car.

It won't be until winter time chap, but we can discuss a bit more at Llandow. Just spotted the plate on the trophy, nice touch :)

Plate is a lovely touch, very appropriate for #67 :)

Nice purchase, mine is #64 so they're almost close brothers
Yours is lovely mate. I too have some cooksports to go on mine sat here already. Can't wait to get them on. Will be quick progress over the first week I expect.