ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: Soixante-Sept - Je suis rentré

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks great fun mate! Wish I could have made it down for a dry day :(

I wouldn't sell the 16's though, whilst it's nice to release a little cash, you'll only end up buying more come sale time.

Do you still need a random alloy to test shot blasting on? As I remember before you were concerned on pressures? I have one that you're welcome to a test session with?

Oh that could be a shout mate. I'll ask my brother and see if he's confident doing it (they use their compressor to strip pumps so wheels aren't his thing lol!) if not i will give you a shout.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Throw them in my garage, everything else is in there.

But really, I've got at least two wheels he could have a crack at with no worries... then a set of four I bet would come up just lovely once he'd perfected it.;)

Haha he's having a stab at the f1's tomorrow. No going back now. Just going to tape the hub faces and the bolt holes and hope for the best.

Wheel have been acid dipped and ready for shotting :)

Turns out he has a spray gun as well so I'm going to have a look and read up about 2k lacquer as I've heard it's much better than rattle cans.

I'll see how these ones turn out mate. If they're any good I'll ask him.

On a side note there is always city powder coating in b'ham who are 80quid a set?! If you're coming westwards for work it's less than an hour north of Cheltenham and Gloucester area. Pretty cheap by powder coating standards.

6 months in and I've done 10K in it.

71,800 and counting.

Just ordered a momo boss, some shrink wrap, momentary push button switches and some resistors to have a go at bodging an aftermarket CC wheel together.

The extra F1's with 888's are now shot blasted so I'll be refurbing them in a fetching shade for track next week.

Happy days :)

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383765482.767365.jpg

Well that's 13,200 in just under 7 months. Second service in my ownership now looming.

Only thing that's packed up to date is the wiper mech and alternator. Touches wood.

I literally love this car. Such a good commuter.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Oof... the old girl is getting on a bit now, Sam... :p

It's great to see you're still loving the car and that it's been pretty much hassle-free since you took ownership. Long may it continue!

Sam, Im constantly looking at yours now that your on the cooksports. And the more i look, the more i want f1s too!

I see you bought a steering wheel off kelvin (i was looking at that too!) so when you get a chance could you measure it and throw some pics up of it fitted please?

So you've now got the tracking bug? ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387125907.143927.jpg

320mm mate. Feels lovely size wise, but it has a bit of flex in it, so I can see myself swapping for a trecento uno as per Rob and his old ph1.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I've got the 330mm Oreca, lovely bit of kit very similar to the Trecento. Got the Oreca resprayed white because I'm a bit 'princess' like that! Lol!

Nice to see it being used properly and the mileage going up :)

Love this Trophy!

Cheers mate. It's hanging at the minute though as I practically live in it.

The Oreca wheels are lovely and I'll definably be investing in a decent one. I noticed yours had been painted to match!

Unfortunately the one above is the worst photo of a steering wheel ever.

It's not the BMWP wheel is it?

Built in shift light and Gmeter lol!?

Renault's are so cheap to modify, I feel for you.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
No it's just a padded leather multifunction m sport wheel. Very chunky and just generally lovely.

I hate expensive mods, but my god this one would finish off my interior.

If I still have it, the clown shoes will be making an appearance at Bedford. HAHAHA.

My garage looks like a smurf massacre.