ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: Soixante-Sept - Je suis rentré

Cracking buy mate, shame you didn't say you wanted the oil done. We'd have done that tomorrow night too!
I didn't know until tonight, it was running a tad low (not under min but just on the lower half of the dipstick).. I'll keep an eye on it and I've topped up with 5/40 so we'll see how we get on.

Oil is a doddle now I have that filter tool though so not to worry. Just to confirm is it a 13mm deep hex socket for the fuel rail bolts?

You been at the unit tonight as well? I know Ant said he'd be over there.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
We ended up going Eastbourne to pick some bits up for the Z4 and some tyres. Took the hire car and put it through its paces.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I have a hire car for work, 1.6tdci focus, superbly awesome chassis but everything else is poop!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Plate is a lovely touch, very appropriate for #67 :)

Yours is lovely mate. I too have some cooksports to go on mine sat here already. Can't wait to get them on. Will be quick progress over the first week I expect.

I tried to find T64 PHY for mine but apparently it's on an audi a4 registered in bristol, apparently some company's can track the owners down to see if they want to sell but it will probably be too expensive, I wonder if when a car gets scrapped the plates go back up for sale/allocation?

Also let me know how you find the cooksports, I'm sure my front dampers are on their way out hence I havent really given the cooksports a propper review as I dont think its fair.

Ant - Nothing faster than a hire car you don't give a crap about

Mr Gold, I will do! Although I have cup shocks on the back so at the mo the front is super tight on turn in and the back is floaty light like a packet of quavers. I think stiffer springs will only emphasis this lol!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The hire car? WTF? Who's in a hire car?

It was abused thoroughly, the engine is possibly one of the most lifeless lumps I've ever experienced though.

We picked up about 300 quid worth of tyres for 60 quid tonight, and a new seatbelt tensioner.

Yes fuel rail is 2x 13mm bolts, not that it's needed to be removed it you're a little flexible.

53 Clio's & counting
I saw the change in avatar, but somehow didn't actually pay any attention :eek:

Looks lovely mate, Jamie looked after it well I believe

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
The only thing I can pick up is the border on the rear plate, apart from that it looks really really tidy! Good purchase and I look forward to seeing your progress with it.

It was abused thoroughly, the engine is possibly one of the most lifeless lumps I've ever experienced though.

We picked up about 300 quid worth of tyres for 60 quid tonight, and a new seatbelt tensioner.

Yes fuel rail is 2x 13mm bolts, not that it's needed to be removed it you're a little flexible.

Cheers mate. That was a bloody bargain!

The only thing I can pick up is the border on the rear plate, apart from that it looks really really tidy! Good purchase and I look forward to seeing your progress with it.

+1 the rear plate is something I'm not too keen on either. That'll get replaced soon enough! Thanks mate :)

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Not much more to say that hasn't already been said, so I'll just echo everyone else's sentiments - awesome! And I highly recommend an RS2 - it's lurvely.

Not much more to say that hasn't already been said, so I'll just echo everyone else's sentiments - awesome! And I highly recommend an RS2 - it's lurvely.

give me yours for £20 and a box of haribo?

​......pleeeeeeeaaaassseeee

Driving:

Last weekend in April I will be attacking the Welsh country sides with some serious exotica
Llandow trackday with Burpspeed
Commute religious in it until it has done 1,000,000 miles!!

Cheers
​Sam

You don't live far from me do you Sam? I remember coming to that Hadlow meet with you and Steve (If you remember me?!)
I've wanted to do a trackday for ages, and thought about the Burpspeed one, but had no one to go with and its miles away, but if you're going, maybe we could make a trip of it together?! (in a non homo way ha)

You don't live far from me do you Sam? I remember coming to that Hadlow meet with you and Steve (If you remember me?!)
I've wanted to do a trackday for ages, and thought about the Burpspeed one, but had no one to go with and its miles away, but if you're going, maybe we could make a trip of it together?! (in a non homo way ha)

Hi James! Of course I remember! Your RB is stunning. Unfortunately I will have moved to the West Country by then so I won't be going from Kent.

Get booked on though and stay overnight camping or hotel. I'm sure loads on here will and its a friendly crowd!!

Mileage Log: 61,880

Tonights efforts - Avec Scrooge McDuck and El Capitan Roberto. I was chief officer in charge of sandwiches, glove fetching and swearing at stubborn bolts whilst those two very kindly slaved away. I'm also now in the privileged position of having met the one and only health and safety Steve!

8661964580_2dd2ee60fd_z.jpg
Trophy #067_4 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

8660864799_210c23ab0c_z.jpg

Trophy #067_5 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

Brakes bled and DS2500's fitted. Turns out it already had goodridge lines on it :D But... Pedal travel still too long IMO and Ant's diagnosis was master cylinder straight away... So that's possibly another one on the to do list. Very similar to the OP in this thread...

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...likely-cause-A-nice-story-for-you-to-all-read

Oh and I need to PM Luke as I may have stole something of his :eek:

And that pesky wiper arm needs sorting out!

Lift off over-steer on demand as well all the way home.

Last edited:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I should have had you in front of me on the way out, would've been amusing to see the Trophy flying about.

​I completely forgot to finish sorting that wiper :(

I should have had you in front of me on the way out, would've been amusing to see the Trophy flying about.

​I completely forgot to finish sorting that wiper :(

Haha not to worry mate, I'll attack it with a spanner at the first available opportunity.

The Focus corners well! Surprisingly so! And I'd have been no good in front, I don't know that road at all, and the horses scare the sh*t out of me.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It really wouldn't let go even jabbing the brakes mod corner, I suppose not being able to pick up enough speed plays a part in it haha

It really wouldn't let go even jabbing the brakes mod corner, I suppose not being able to pick up enough speed plays a part in it haha

That's more than can be said about the T. It's fine if you keep your foot in but anything less than 95% commitment and you might as well pack your bags ready to watch the rear overtake the front. Don't think the GF will approve at all!!

Very nice. I love how you've got a Trophy as a commuter when most people are posting threads like "I have a 10 mile commute now so need a derv"

Hero

I value my sanity and the fact that when a diesel goes pop they cost loads to put right. The clio is enjoyable and relatively cheap to fix *touches wood.

But cheers. I'm looking forward to it :)