ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: Soixante-Sept - Je suis rentré

Off to see Dan tomorrow :) treating it to some love.

Also caved and cleaned it on my day off today, and stickers for Saturday.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371747553.558815.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371747570.484871.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371747595.957230.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371747612.553443.jpg

No polish or wax due to the intermittent rain, but actually had a chance to tar, iron, wash, clay, wash today... Plus a seal of the wheels. :)

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Very nice Trophy indeed! Really makes me want one! What are the options suspension wise for Trophys? Are Eibach Sportlines a good choice? Also heard of mark fish springs, they seem to be popular? Any details on how much mm drop eibach/cooksport/mark fish are?

Cheers all!

Very nice Trophy indeed! Really makes me want one! What are the options suspension wise for Trophys? Are Eibach Sportlines a good choice? Also heard of mark fish springs, they seem to be popular? Any details on how much mm drop eibach/cooksport/mark fish are?

Usual spring options, sportlines, Mark fish, now cooksports I suppose. Or swap the sachs for decent coilovers.

The drop is similar on all of them, 25-30 max with the cooksports sitting at the lower end of that scale I'd guess.

68,000!!

Bloody hell.

Over 6K in 3 months. Running like a dream after a visit to SJM.

Boot solenoid has broken, aside from that it's been faultless *touch wood* and is averaging 37+mpg on a 75mph cruise every day, 40 miles each way to work.

Should be picking up some PH1 F1's with PE2's tomorrow so will get some pictures up of cooksports and 15's over the weekend. Hopefully the tyres will be sufficient for Llandow and won't melt completely. Really looking forward to getting it on track. Might try and get some Koni's in advance as well as the rear shocks are a bit tired... Pic's to follow on sunday.

You just missed some on here in the for sale section, I was gutted there were none around the time I needed a set but I am enjoying the fact I've got a lifetime warranty with them :)

Now on 15's :)

Looks spot on with the cooksports IMO.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375125821.802146.jpg

Sorry about the iPhone photo. "Mrs Wick" had just taken it for a quick drive so I could hear the yozza from the outside. Thankfully I don't think it's too anti social for when I drive off in the mornings.

Cheers mate. They are good fun on 15's. like a right little go kart! yeah gonna keep an eye out or possibly refurb the wheels and DIY some homemade ones the same colour.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
That looks very good indeed, and is a real inspiration. Now when will those Cooksport springs be back in stock?!?!?! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Very much miss this car. Engine on it was fantastic.

apart from being a bit quicker and more practical, the trophy is a better car than the r26.

R26 quicker than a 182? Only with a remap!

Strangely looks good on the 15s Wick, I don't usually like F1s.

Very much miss this car. Engine on it was fantastic.

apart from being a bit quicker and more practical, the trophy is a better car than the r26.

Credit to you Jamie. It is indeed a peach of an engine!

R26 quicker than a 182? Only with a remap!

Strangely looks good on the 15s Wick, I don't usually like F1s.

​Cheers, I'm pleased with it!

Mileage - Just ticked over 70,000

No updates aside from the trackday at Llandow with Burpspeed. Fantastic day, great tuition from Jay and Tony, and the bug has well an truly bitten.

The Trophy performed flawlessly and aside from a snapped middle exhaust hanger, no issues.

I think I'm going to sell the Turini's in the shed and get another set of 15" Wheels to run R888's on as the PE2's just melted lol!!

Some superb photos courtesy of Andy(at)Fullyfuelled dot com (http://fullyfuelled.com/)

9634775763_4b8035ed1f_z.jpg
Llandow1 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

9638018062_5f38f01282_z.jpg

Llandow2 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

9634783141_504f1020c5_z.jpg

Llandow3 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

9638025112_5be9db6172_z.jpg

Llandow4 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

9638028678_cb97837934_z.jpg

Llandow5 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

9638032012_8ab4ccf83f_z.jpg

Llandow6 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

9638035272_e7730395c2_z.jpg

Llandow7 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

9638038384_ed88d8fc34_z.jpg

Llandow8 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

9638041060_2787780847_z.jpg

Llandow9 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

9638043174_50cffc666a_z.jpg
Llandow10 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

Last edited:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
It certainly looked like you were enjoying yourself on track, Sam! :D

I was thinking of getting some 15's for trackdays but as I've got three sets of 16" alloys already, I can't justify another set. My plan is to wrap a spare set of my Turinis in 16" Federal RSR rubber and see how they go on track. I'm assuming a set of those should last a while if used purely on track and with sensible pressures.

I'd imagine the RSR's would see you well :) I was indeed having loads of fun! Can't wait to do it all again.

I'm just in the process of sorting some R888's but need some other 15"s to mount them on. Lol at hoarding Turini's! I'm tempted to sell mine.

I can't see myself selling the T any time soon, so seem's silly to keep them in the garage when I'll have 15's for road and track.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
That makes sense if you're looking to keep it long-term. Let me know if you do sell the Turinis... Just kidding! ;) Although I do know somebody who is looking for a set...

Three sets isn't so bad actually. One set on the car, one set for trackdays and the other set in mint condition in case I wreck any of the other sets. Always thinking ahead y'see...

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Sam, Im constantly looking at yours now that your on the cooksports. And the more i look, the more i want f1s too!

I see you bought a steering wheel off kelvin (i was looking at that too!) so when you get a chance could you measure it and throw some pics up of it fitted please?

So you've now got the tracking bug? ;)

Sam, Im constantly looking at yours now that your on the cooksports. And the more i look, the more i want f1s too!

I see you bought a steering wheel off kelvin (i was looking at that too!) so when you get a chance could you measure it and throw some pics up of it fitted please?

So you've now got the tracking bug? ;)

Yes to all of the above (track, steering wheel and pictures).

Have you got your cooksports through yet?

I've just bought a second set of F1's from Kelv for Track with some R888's :evil: The tyres were the only thing holding the car back at Llandow (aside from my hamfistedness) so hopefully on the next day this will allow me to stay out a little longer i.e. more than 6 laps of a tiny track without the tyres turning to play-dough.

Just asked my bro if he can shot blast them at work for me, then I'll get the rattle cans out to tidy them up a bit.

Steering wheel might take me some time to get fitted as I'm mocking up some cruise control buttons either drilled or on a panel. With my commute, I'm reluctant to use loose it completely, but I will of course provide photos. At a guess it's about 330mm.

Eta - I'd keep the 2118's. If I could afford them I'd have them lol, but it's hard to justify when the F1's were so cheap.

Going to put my Turini's up for sale on Tuesday, really no need for them and I can't see myself going back to 16's any time soon.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate!

Totally agree, since going to 15's it seems very unlikely to go back to 16's. 1 for the way it feels and 2 its half the they're price!

Pics of you in track look like you're doing it right, even if you say you're not lol.

The reason i ask about the wheel is that since I've removed the harnesses the wheel feels massive. It seems big anyway but I seem to notice it more now. I was looking at the 320mm size. I drive ollies james's old cup and that had a 280mm wheel but due to mine being a daily I'd like it smaller than the standard wheel, which I believe is 380mm but still be driveable.

Car still looks great mate, glad you're still enjoying the "drivers choice" 182!

PH1 Track Car
Cars looking good mate. Quite like it on the silver f1s, looking for some myself for track wheels!