ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: Soixante-Sept - Je suis rentré

Thoughts on Master Cylinder being at faults vs. Air in the ABS system.

Ant - If you spot this apparently you can only bleed the ABS unit with Clip Diagnostics on? Do you know if this is the case, I'm sure the calipers and lines were bled up nicely based on the amount of fluid we were getting though.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I can't say I know anything about the ABS unit Sam, I'll have to ask Ant.

TBH, the way that passenger side caliper was releasing air when we bled it I do think it's the master cylinder. Hopefully it's sufficiently improved for now though.. If not, saturday job and we'll have the master cylinder out no bother.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Thanks Ron! I hope to meet you down at the Unit in the summer! I think we'd get on like a house on fire!!

Yeah same mate! Ill hopefully be down there sometime soon as I've just ordered some Cooksports springs. Part of one of my front springs decided to eject itself off the car the other day lol

You going CSS mate?

Thanks for the input Rob!

Ron - Yes I will be at CSS this year. Have a bash at the springs when you're with Ant down there. It really is easy, you'll learn loads and I think I've mentioned before that I'm about as much use as Mr Blobby when it comes to mechanics.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Thanks for the input Rob!

Ron - Yes I will be at CSS this year. Have a bash at the springs when you're with Ant down there. It really is easy, you'll learn loads and I think I've mentioned before that I'm about as much use as Mr Blobby when it comes to mechanics.

lol you and me both mate!

I did sort of see how my top mounts were done so I'm hoping to get my hands dirty when these springs get fitted.

CSS is going to brilliant. I'm already planning stuff like an ice box to keep the beers cold!!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not planning on going to Le Mans but dont know if I will attend CSS or not this year, was ok last year so might do if I am free.

BlackGold 182
Just seen this! Great to see you back in a rs Sam! The trophy looks lovely! Makes me want a trophy instead!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I there is air in the system, some proper plum has been at it, I don't have clip though so I would be stuck doing it. I highly highly doubt that is the case though.

Get an RS tuner and you can activate the abs module whilst bleeding apparently.

Mileage log: 62,180

No major update but in true CS style, Silvervisions were fitted tonight lol. The brakes are now working much much better as well and the GF gave them the nod this weekend (she has my old 182) so I'm not convinced there is anything at fault after all which is good news. Possibly just different coming from the VX which you can lock up on demand lol!!

No faults to report after 300 miles this weekend, *touches wood, Recaro's very comfy and cruise control at 80 (ahem... kph officer) all the way plus some hooning over the weekend returned 34mpg. I reckon a slight reseal of the Yozza will see that improve ever so slightly but we shall see.

Hopefully will have a chance to fit the Cooksports to at least one end of the car tomorrow night.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
When did you last drive your old 182?
oh yer where did you leave that thing? I went there tonight as I was too messed up Saturday lol and I can't find it :s

When did you last drive your old 182?
oh yer where did you leave that thing? I went there tonight as I was too messed up Saturday lol and I can't find it :s

F**K hope you didn't go out of your way mate, my watch turned up in the boot of the T on Sunday :eek: same bag as the braided lines FML, no idea why I put it there, must have seemed like a good idea at the time.

Erm, the Clio, probably Christmas time lol! And that wasn't in anger!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Haha no it's alright, I was looking for my extendable mirror at the same time.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I dropped a gasket to an EGR valve and due to silly pug design I could see fcuk all even there there was loads of space!!
​I forgot that baguette too :(

Last edited:
Mileage Log: 63,009

1200 miles in two weeks!!! In summary...

Trophy is awesome. My brake set up is awesome. Welsh Roads are awesome.

Many many photos and a Cliosporticle to follow.

Haha, looking forward to the article!

Just submitted, not sure if it qualifies as an article now I've written it, more of just a thread. But anyhoo... Awaiting moderation.

Great news, even better that the brakes are working well. Awesome.

They were sh*t hot all weekend mate. DS2500's, lines and fluid are more than enough for road use, even the way they were getting abused I literally could not get them to fade. I now see why everyone raves about them.

Glad you're enjoying it mate! :D

Oh yes!!

8691375463_80ddeb4c9a_z.jpg

20130427-RS182.jpg by chr1sy, on Flickr

Credits to Chris from the weekend for that mucky shot!

Well, moderate update... No pics despite having half a clean last week :(

Mileage 64,450ish - By the end of this week I will have completed just shy of 3000 miles in six weeks of ownership :eek:

Got the knackered wiper arm off, need to look into the fix to realign it. On the "swift" commute I am averaging 33mpg with a slight leak in the exhaust, not too bad I guess seeing as I never hang about in the mornings.

I really like it, I am already very attached to it :eek: Don't think I'm going to fit the steering wheel as I like having cruise for the 50 restrictions on the commute and cba with the wiring of an aftermarket bodge. Need a new abs ring I think, but aside from that it's been good to me :)

Due and aux belt change so I'm gonna book a day of and give Dan@sjm a shout I think. Cooksports haven't been fitted due to stubborn top mount nuts, need an air gun on them. Also gonna pass on changing the rear bench as I like not having headrests as stupid as that sounds.

Yozza is staying, 'tis epic. No drone on the motorway either.

That's all folks.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yozza's are epic. You can see why they hold there value. Can you not get Dan to fit your springs and sort out the top mounts while your cars in there getting the belts done?