ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Super Cup Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not cast........unless the first few people want to pay for some serious development costs of mold tooling!

And the shape is, erm....unorthodox.............

I've had to try and squeeze 3ltrs worth of volume into 1.5ltrs worth of space.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
correct me if im wrong, it is a replacment inlet manifold, which replaces the manifold and plenum, to get a better capacity of air per cilender in the chamber, as per the haynes 4 stroke performance tuning manual.,,, good read imo

sounds bout right that rich.

It basically does the same thing that ITBs do, but in a different way, that is, it improves the inlet.

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
Send your cash to me - i'll hold on to it until this is sorted. PM and ill send you paypal addy to send funds to.

There will be ZERO pre release.

I'm sorry, but that is the way it will be.

I dont want to show or say anything, only to have the design/prices changed before production runs start.

Whichever way you look at it, its more affordable than doing any other modification upto the 200bhp level.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
if you look at tb they got about 5k with ecu etc

from the impressrion and that inlet for the evo, i would expect things to be the grand mark

if it less than a grand it will throw alot of people off TBs imo

Cro

Meg'd r27
If it gives the roughly the same power i.e makes 200bhp why would anyone still opt for itb's?

Mk2 172
hold power? eh?

Wheres peak power going to be?? not the same as standard car i hope where u get to 5k and uve got 1200 rpm of power before it all tails off to sod all
Anyway im not getting involved
Lets wait and see ;)

im 99% sure i know half of what you kno technically Dan but why would a modified, race proven setup created by 2 highly qualified race tech/engineers be the same as standard.

u followed the setup and testing procedure or just sniping?

Lionel Richie
the s1600 develops 220bhp from a 1.6 using a similar style inlet design

the 197 cup racer VLN car is doing 280bhp on a similar style manifold too

no ideas on peak, but speak to matt (icarus) he's the top dog race engineer!

tuners are so far behind motorsport sometimes!

340i
This would keep a few people quiet if Matt's car made the magical 200bhp+ with this new inlet LOL...

But really, there is no point is guesstimating, arguing etc.

Just let the results do all the talking!

Mk2 172
im 99% sure i know half of what you kno technically Dan but why would a modified, race proven setup created by 2 highly qualified race tech/engineers be the same as standard.

u followed the setup and testing procedure or just sniping?

no just having a laugh :) fred loves it wen i wind him up ;)

Mk2 172
This would keep a few people quiet if Matt's car made the magical 200bhp+ with this new inlet LOL...

But really, there is no point is guesstimating, arguing etc.

Just let the results do all the talking!

couldnt agree more. Its not all about peak power either!

Im excited :) :) whens it coming??????

Status
Not open for further replies.