ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Chris Harris thread

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
The noise between 8.5k-9k rpm was immense. But im sad that there is no manual option, unless that's being saved for the GT3 RS ...

He raised some very good points about more people buying them if PDK is available, very true i would imagine, but i also thought that the whole point of the GT3 was it was the purists choice. If you wanna go silly fast, surely you'd just buy a PDK'd Turbo?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The noise between 8.5k-9k rpm was immense. But im sad that there is no manual option, unless that's being saved for the GT3 RS ...

He raised some very good points about more people buying them if PDK is available, very true i would imagine, but i also thought that the whole point of the GT3 was it was the purists choice. If you wanna go silly fast, surely you'd just buy a PDK'd Turbo?

I would say the chances of the GT3 RS having a manual are nil! Why? - because the PDK is a better box; sure, it'll annoy the purists but as an out and out 'performance. car the PDK is just better.

Great video! I thought the 997 GT3 was staggering around the ring and we were only doing 8:15 BTG!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think the seat will be an option and standard on the RS tbh.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
At the 991 launch my boss went on at Silverstone they were explaining that launch control can be used a million times if he wishes as it's been tested to ridiculous levels, most break after using twice.

Porsche try to pride themselves on providing cars like that. From what i've seen they are pretty reliable cars. My boss had a Turbo change on his 997T, partially because he never used it and there was also a factory fix to stop dirt or something getting into the turbo are and making it stick. That's been about it.

I can't comment 10 years down the line. Some PH pool cars have had quite a lot of money spent but it's probably most consumables which make things sound expensive.

Lotus Elise
Awesome :)

How much of the actual GT3 market will not want this car because of the no manual option. I'm talking the actual market here not pistonheads warriors who like to pretend they are the GT3 market. I have spoken to plenty of GT3 owners who are looking forward to the PDK GT3, what you have to remember is manual 'boxes aren't even used in the Cup or RSR race cars anymore. The car appeals to purists of driving pleasure and enjoyment not people who like using a clutch.

November delivery, counting down the days.

Given the choice I would rather the pdk ... you have to change your thinking, but I dont find the drive any less involving in paddle shift cars , despite me often sequential shifting them via the stick more than I should .

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Loved this review, for me, it was one of his best, if not the best. All 3 cars were awesome and winners in their own right.

​Aston, yes please!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That jaguar is a beauty.

That and the fact it will drop like a stone in value will make it a great car to buy down the line.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I love the car but turbocharged 4 pots sound so crap it really does depress me.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I really like those mk7's - I'd be more than happy belting around in that as a daily.

I just dont understand why they've gone for the Scirocco in a Golf's clothing look. As good as they may be, this generation (and the 6th generation) is dull as dishwater to look at; the mk5 is a much better looking car. To me.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
That first section of road looks amazing.

Unfortunately other than Harris' beard and the gollum sheep I have nothing positive to say. I can't stand that shape golf.

Wow. Amazing video. Thanks for posting.

Love him or hate him, Harris is clearly bonkers about cars and driving, and any car enthusiast should appreciate that IMO.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
That was brilliant. As above, his best video he's done.

Also LOL at being banned from Fiorano! I hope that's for being a satchel and not due to contracts!

330i. E30 Touring.
yha4usyg.jpg

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
That was brilliant. As above, his best video he's done.

Also LOL at being banned from Fiorano! I hope that's for being a satchel and not due to contracts!

He's banned because he called them out on how they "tune" press cars.

330i. E30 Touring.
As above.

Been well known in the industry for years. He's the first journo to make it public though. As a result, they won't let him drive another Fez.