ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Chris Harris thread

An orange one
That Mercedes really does sound dull as dishwater IMO, mind you..I can't seem to get my BM to sound as loud inside as that one?! It's either some clever microphone trickery or my sound symposer is broken?!!!!!

That Mercedes really does sound dull as dishwater IMO, mind you..I can't seem to get my BM to sound as loud inside as that one?! It's either some clever microphone trickery or my sound symposer is broken?!!!!!

Turn the volume up?

I thought M135i used fully synthetic noise channeled through the speakers?

An orange one
Turn the volume up?

I thought M135i used fully synthetic noise channeled through the speakers?

No it's more clever than that, there is no volume as such,it gets louder in sport mode but still not that loud really, I know you can have it coded to be louder but bmw won't do this themself,

Swift Sport
I know Chris is using the word "bargain" as a relative term, but both cars seem very expensive in my eyes. Maybe it's the hatchback thing, I guess you expect to pay less for a 'smaller' car. Both are nice cars but don't seem special enough to warrant the price tags IMO.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Both cars are stupid money and as harris said they have inflated prices based on performance.

That said i like it that manafacturers do this because somewhere down the line in a couple of yrs they will have lost 20k and thats where i come in.

AMG for me please,love the leather and general interior and of course the 10 seconds to 100 is brilliant for for a hot hatch

Swift Sport
It's good that they do I guess. With constant pressure from the government to put us all in eco-friendly three-cylinder turds it's reassuring to know that manufacturers are still developing machines like these.

An orange one
Can I just say that the list price on a 118d M sport is almost £24k and you get fook all spec wise, tick a few boxes which the m135i comes with such as leather, xenons, M brakes etc and you can see why it's cheap at £30k ish

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Totally random sort of post, but in the Merc A45 AMG vid, when he's explaining the suspension at 2:30'ish, it sums up the Clio 200 Cup suspension I think.

proper rigid ride, that makes you think " does the car really need to be this stiff? " then when your driving it hard, you appreciate just how good the suspension is and how the car copes with things you throw it into (bends etc)

Swift Sport
Bit of a lame video by Chris's standards IMO, but then I guess he can't be doing something awesome every single week.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Now he's just copying Clarkson...

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
He's probably got loads of these, unpublished and in an archive somewhere, ready to wheel out on weeks when he's not driven the latest Porsche hybrid supercar, or attached the Mille Miglia in a 300 year old Jag.

That's the Fiesta he had back in April when he made his original ST film...he probably rattled this one out while he had it and filed it away.

Nice life if you ask me...do some serious things, drive cars mortals can only dream about, AND to fill in you get to arse about doing completely stupid car stuff.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Actually watched that more than once :eek:.

Epic epic machines, that old italian bloke at the end was on it!