ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Anyone gonna get the new iPhone 15? I’m still on the 12. Currently in the process of trying to get o2 to terminate my contract with 10 months to go as I barely get signal in a city, so hoping it will time in with the 15 release.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think it's been proven that batteries are clever enough but simple heat degredation is proven, wireless 12w or 15w is better than hammering in 45w when you don't have to? Just my thinking.

I've wireless charged at night for years in fairness and always had fast charge/superfast charge plug for any top ups. Even have wireless charging at work for earbuds example, no faffing with cables, just sit them on and lift and go.

Just my thinking.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I’ve got a MagSafe charger next to the bed, one on my desk that does my buds at the same time, and another in the car.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I think it's been proven that batteries are clever enough but simple heat degredation is proven, wireless 12w or 15w is better than hammering in 45w when you don't have to? Just my thinking.

I've wireless charged at night for years in fairness and always had fast charge/superfast charge plug for any top ups. Even have wireless charging at work for earbuds example, no faffing with cables, just sit them on and lift and go.

Just my thinking.

Recommend me a good wireless pad and I'll get one for home. 👍🏻

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Don't phones now stop charging during the night and finish just before the alarm is due to go off? My old Huawei used to do that.

I haven't seen what the S22U does in that regard as I've been woken by my alarm since I've had it, or forgotten to plug it in 😖

I'll probably be getting a wireless pad to do both if my next work phone (iPhone) has wireless charging.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Anker probably best for the money. I think both mine are 5 year old rav power ones, think they got shut down for fake reviews maybe.

My missus got the duo Samsung one that does flip and watch at the same time.

Plenty of stands that do, watch, phone and buds all at once, not always cheap.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Ye they said they may have been able to sort my charging port out on mine in maintenance mode.
That didn't work out though, and had to restore my phone and lost a few months worth of photos too.
Deffo make sure everything is backed up and the photos 'slider' is selected to on during the back up options

At what point do you find out if they managed to or not, juyst got a repair complete email - hoping it's back for tomorrow, using her old iPhone is killing me.

1691654166003.png

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Anyone gonna get the new iPhone 15? I’m still on the 12. Currently in the process of trying to get o2 to terminate my contract with 10 months to go as I barely get signal in a city, so hoping it will time in with the 15 release.
I’m your phone spirit animal. I bought a 12pro outright so I’ll buy a 15 when it lands. First time in ten years I’ve done upgraded every two years..

I only held off as I wanted a usb c iPhone.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
How quick has the year gone. Seems like last month when the 14 was announced with the Dynamic island etc.

What's the 15 bring to the table?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I’m your phone spirit animal. I bought a 12pro outright so I’ll buy a 15 when it lands. First time in ten years I’ve done upgraded every two years..

I only held off as I wanted a usb c iPhone.

Yeah I had the 12 on contract then just went sim only after it was paid off. Hopefully a contract on the 15 isn’t extortionate.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah I had the 12 on contract then just went sim only after it was paid off. Hopefully a contract on the 15 isn’t extortionate.
I really prefer just going outright, paid and forget about it. Low monthlies, winner.

I also will not change my contract, because it’s old it’s still eu inclusive (from Vodafone). Which is worth a fortune to me in itself.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

What shade of silver would you like your iPhone 15 pro Sir?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Speak for yourself Bobert. My Tech twitter disagees and wants to see a bit more variety.

Even the greens, purples and blues of the last few years are better than these!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Weird I know so many iPhone owners that don't use a case, bravely... I also never use a case in the house really, mainly carpets in fairness. Prefer to at least sometimes feel the expensive piece of tech. They just feel incredible in the hand when out the case.

Fair point though gents. I just personally like to use mine out the case at times.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Weird I know so many iPhone owners that don't use a case, bravely... I also never use a case in the house really, mainly carpets in fairness. Prefer to at least sometimes feel the expensive piece of tech. They just feel incredible in the hand when out the case.

Fair point though gents. I just personally like to use mine out the case at times.
In the nicest possible way, I wouldn’t class you as a typical user. You’re more on the enthusiast spectrum, I think most people tend to just fit/forget with cases.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I got the 14 pro max on release and went for a Mous case. It’s always in my pocket at work with keys etc and on work benches so needed a case really. If I worked an office job I wouldn’t bother with a case though as I do love the feel of the phone without a case.

997.1, Caddy, e208
f**k me Samsung's aftersales is abysmal.
Some 5 weeks on, the phone isn't repaired. They cant find a fault in the hardware (despite the issue being highlighted multiple times as likely software)

The issue manifests after lengthy phone calls, their investigation initially took a whole 3.5 hours in total in order to try and replicate the intermittent issue. On 30/08 it was "Waiting for Samsung" status, on 31/08 it was "Waiting for Samsung" status - re:approval, 11/09 it was "waiting for approval", today it's "no fault found, returning to customer"

I escalated this as a complaint & told them not to send the device back a) unrepaired or b) unreplaced, until my complaint is resolved. They assured me that the device was being held until the complaints team had spoken to me today.
The complaints team have not spoken to me today, despite being assured, twice, that they would call me.

The device is now in a DPD depot, being delivered tomorrow, when nobody will be in & when i do get it back, it will go straight back to them to fix the fault.

I was warned against buying a samsung becuase of their aftersales, i just wish i heeded that warning.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
In fairness I've owned Samsung for over 10 years and never had an issue. My misus had her flip 4 screen protector replaced in 15 minutes in store.

Your experience sounds shitty though.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Some 5 weeks on, the phone isn't repaired. They cant find a fault in the hardware (despite the issue being highlighted multiple times as likely software)

The issue manifests after lengthy phone calls, their investigation initially took a whole 3.5 hours in total in order to try and replicate the intermittent issue. On 30/08 it was "Waiting for Samsung" status, on 31/08 it was "Waiting for Samsung" status - re:approval, 11/09 it was "waiting for approval", today it's "no fault found, returning to customer"

I escalated this as a complaint & told them not to send the device back a) unrepaired or b) unreplaced, until my complaint is resolved. They assured me that the device was being held until the complaints team had spoken to me today.
The complaints team have not spoken to me today, despite being assured, twice, that they would call me.

The device is now in a DPD depot, being delivered tomorrow, when nobody will be in & when i do get it back, it will go straight back to them to fix the fault.

I was warned against buying a samsung becuase of their aftersales, i just wish i heeded that warning.
I don't want to give you ideas but, do you have a phone insurance ?

997.1, Caddy, e208
I don't want to give you ideas but, do you have a phone insurance ?
I do not, and I’m a glutton for punishment, so I will continue to send it back for the same fault and use the iPhone XS that I have until it’s fixed (maybe never)

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
No one mentioned the iPhone 15?

What even this thread? Bunch of nerdy android bro’s.

I’m buying it.
It got a multi function button, a new port and some virtue signalling repair flexing.

It’s now easier to repair the parts we software locked… rekt.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I’ll upgrade when my daughter starts hassling me for her first phone. Palm off my SE3 to her and get a 15.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Always an impressive piece of tech. Zoom lense only in the pro max dissapointing as the pro size the last few years has been on point.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Spoke with Samsung again today and they’ve no record of my complaint.

I don’t care how good the phones may be, I’ll never buy another, what a useless bunch of spakkas

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Always an impressive piece of tech. Zoom lense only in the pro max dissapointing as the pro size the last few years has been on point.

I thought zoom was on the pro too? Or is it just a better zoom on the pro max?

I could never own a phone that big… I don’t think. So it’ll be pro again. Just need to go through the usual process of selling my old one on here. (Where’s @Bertie Smalls Junior ?) he always used to buy them 😂

I’m excited by usb c, I’m aiming to get rid of all my non usb c devices and just be able to travel with one cable!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I thought zoom was on the pro too? Or is it just a better zoom on the pro max?

I could never own a phone that big… I don’t think. So it’ll be pro again. Just need to go through the usual process of selling my old one on here. (Where’s @Bertie Smalls Junior ?) he always used to buy them 😂

I’m excited by usb c, I’m aiming to get rid of all my non usb c devices and just be able to travel with one cable!
Happy with my 12 pro max for now unfortunately, I’m waiting for the periscope lenses to mature a bit or at least get into people’s hands properly.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Spoke with Samsung again today and they’ve no record of my complaint.

I don’t care how good the phones may be, I’ll never buy another, what a useless bunch of spakkas
Oh and further more, today was failed delivery attempt 1, if I miss all of their attempts - and it's returned to sender (MTR) they will recycle my device.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

I have always found there after sales great never issues at all one reason I always buy samsung