ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***Tyre Poll***

what do you use/recommend and why?

• toyo proxies

Votes: 627 25.1%
  • eagle F1 gsd's

Votes: 390 15.6%
  • bridgestone potenza re720

Votes: 45 1.8%
  • dunlop sp sport

Votes: 44 1.8%
  • michelin pilot exalto

Votes: 809 32.3%
  • yoko A539's

Votes: 108 4.3%
  • kumho ecsta 712

Votes: 53 2.1%
  • other please state...

Votes: 426 17.0%

• Total voters
Pirelli pzero Nero gt's, excellent tyre in the dry and wet. I didn't want to shell out so much but had no choice due to circumstances and they will be the tyre I get from now on. Very happy.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
As above could do with an update to more recent tyres, not sure if I fancy shelling out £110 each for new pilot 3s

Inferno 182FF
Federal 595 RSR's! Amazing in the dry, still very grippy in wet/greasy conditions but let go very progressively! They're not too much of a fan of standing water but can still cope and at £65 a corner for semi slicks! Amazing!

RS Clio 172 Cup
This is a bit out of date....

I'll set up a new poll but need to know the current tyres

So far I have:

Hankook V12
Toyo T1R
Michelin PS3
Continental Sport/Premium Contact
Uniroyal RainSport 2

Any more popular current one's I've missed out?

Yokohama Advan AD08R

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Federal 595 RSR's! Amazing in the dry, still very grippy in wet/greasy conditions but let go very progressively! They're not too much of a fan of standing water but can still cope and at £65 a corner for semi slicks! Amazing!

£59 a corner ;)

I agree though, brilliant tyres, I have a set waiting to go on the mx5, too scared to at the moment with winter looming!

Inferno 182FF
£59 a corner ;)

I agree though, brilliant tyres, I have a set waiting to go on the mx5, too scared to at the moment with winter looming!
You must have 15's then! Just stick them on, will be fun! They've still got loads more grip than any other road tyre ive used in the wet!

clio 172 cup
i had dunlop fast response all round on mine but just had a pair pirellis put on the front of my 172 cup as i got a good deal on them and needed them asap and they seem really good so far , so im going to have them all round when the rears are ready.

Clio 3
Looking for feedback on Michelin PSS and Yokohama AD08R in 225/40/18 for track and road use. Any other suggestions, don't want to cart around another set of rims/tyres so a compromise, I know ;). Track performance in all conditions a priority. Car is a 'raider', Angel & Demon down here. Cheers

Odyssey 172 phase 1
How are you finding these?

cheers

I have a pair on the back of mine at the moment, I will be replacing my front ones next week as my rainsport 2's are just low on tread. I can honestly say I will never choose another tyre for wet weather conditions as the grip is superb, they only cost £92 for a pair and if like the rainsport 2's, they will wear the miles very well.

Ph2 172
I have a pair on the back of mine at the moment, I will be replacing my front ones next week as my rainsport 2's are just low on tread. I can honestly say I will never choose another tyre for wet weather conditions as the grip is superb, they only cost £92 for a pair and if like the rainsport 2's, they will wear the miles very well.

Great stuff, need some for the rear too. Will give these a shot.

cheers

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I've just bought a set of RS3's for my new 15's. Mainly for the price (£150 delivered for 4), I'm currently thinking that these will be my winter wheels and i'll then get a nice set of wheels for summer use with something more expensive rubber. But undecided yet.

Been running RS2's for the last 11 months. Noticed that the grip levels have dropped off quite a bit recently, so switched the front and backs over last weekend, suddenly the grip has returned. Front's were down to about 3mm, rears probably 5-6mm, done about 10-11k miles on them up to now so wear rate isn't too bad.

Will report back on the RS3 in a few weeks once they've had a few miles of usage.

Ph2 172
Fitted the RS3's yesterday, got all of 300 yards and the drive shaft popped, broken clip I think! Will report once back up and running.

Clio 200 Cup
Continental Sport Contact 5 - worth the extra in my opinion. Both in terms of safety and handling.

Arctic 182FF
I'm currently using pirelli pzero (nero's I believe), best tyres I've ever had, great in dry and wet alike. Had absolutely no drama with them, which I can't say about any other tyres I've had.

Does anyone have any experience with Nankang NS-2s? I'm needing some 205/45/16s and they're really well priced (£36 a corner), they seem to have decent reviews elsewhere, just wondering if anyone could comment on them on here?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I bought some cheap tyres today 205/45/16 Nankang Ultra Sport NS2

These are just to throw on to my spare wheels but how good are these just for pottering about ?

Clio 172
I'm looking at either the Michelin PS3s or Pirelli P Zero Neros. Both seem to have good performance reviews.

Has anyone used both? What difference is there likely to be in tyre wear? Does one last longer than the other?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I'm looking at either the Michelin PS3s or Pirelli P Zero Neros. Both seem to have good performance reviews.

Has anyone used both? What difference is there likely to be in tyre wear? Does one last longer than the other?

Pzero for me everytime. Got near 14k out of my Pzeros on the front and that was driving hard on the roads most of the time. They took proper abuse.

The Pilot Sport 3s wore down far quicker when I tried them to see what all the hype was about and I wont be buying them again in a hurry.

Clio 172
Oh right. I assumed the opposite was true.

At £6 difference per tyre (black circles) I wasn't sure which one to go for. I think I'll go for Pirellis now.

RS Clio 182
I have Bridgestone Potenza Adrenaline RE002 and I am really impressed with them. To be honest I can not compare to any other (in the Clio) but the grip and the feeling are great. I have always been a big fan of the stiff sidewalls Potenza in my other car (Mazda 3 2.0 with Eibachs & Koni yellows) and I have mounted them again in the Clio 182. I used in the mazda Toyo T1-sport but the steering with them was not so precise.

Just had goodyear eagle f1 asymetric 2s fitted all round and I have to say I'm very impressed and in this wet weather think it's the best tyres I've used on a 182 and that includes the michelin ps2 . How long they last ? Time will tell ...

RB Clio 182
I am in the process of buying four new tyres, i dont do track days so im wanting something decent for road use for around £70 a corner for 195 45 16 fitment.

I bought 4 new t1rs around 7 months a go, i found the grip got better the more they worn, especially in wet conditions :S

Im wanting something that last longer tbh, the t1rs lasted around 7k miles, this was also swapping the backs to the fronts too, so they are all on the limit.

What tyres have better handling abilities than the t1rs and last longer, im wanting at least 10k out of a set. I thought the t1rs were average for fast road use, but i found the side walls to wear down very quickly.

Any recommendations?

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I took my pe2's off this week and put my T1r's on (refurb wheel time) and oh my days! Dreadful!! Lol.
Great fun on track but s**t the bed they don't let you push on like the michelins!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I've just removed PE2's for a more track focused tyre and am scared I've made a mistake to because they're possibly the best all round tyre I've ever driven on both roads and track with. If only the side walls weren't so soft!

I've only ever used continental (8k) and exalto2 (12k) on fronts , didn't fancy the ps3 tyres and seriously think the goodyears are better , haven't a clue how they will wear but I drive my car hard and the goodyears feel so planted on the roads . If I get 10k plus from goodyears I'll be happy .

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have bought 2 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's for £49 a tyre via my work and I'm wondering whats the best.

I already have 2 very good PE2's with around 5mm tread on each and with buying the 2 new V12 Evo's I'm wondering which 2 i should pop on the front ?

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I found the Rainsport 2 tyres lost a lot of grip in wet and dry weather when the tread got to around 2.5-3mm, switched the rears and fronts around (rears were on around 5mm, and instantly it was improved.

Now been running the Rainsport 3's for about a month, wet weather grip is definitely better, dry grip I couldn't really notice much difference. This might just be because they've got full tread.

Also i've moved from 205/45/16 to 195/50/15, not sure if this would have any impact.

They must be the best cheap tyre option available at £35 each from camskills, think a full set including postage cost me £155.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I have bought 2 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's for £49 a tyre via my work and I'm wondering whats the best.

I already have 2 very good PE2's with around 5mm tread on each and with buying the 2 new V12 Evo's I'm wondering which 2 i should pop on the front ?

Depends how you drive but I would have the Michelin on the front personally.

PB172,dci100,dci65
Hi mates, another tyre question:)

I am looking for a 195/45 R16 summer tyre. They should be the best at dry and average on wet.
I cant use 205/45 r16 (local law stuff).

I am looking at Yokohama S.drive or Michelin Pilot Sport 3.

They don't have to last forever as i don't drive the 172 daily and going to change them after 3-4 years anyway. I might attend two-three track days this year, but i never been at track and don't plan to break the time records, just have fun. And for track i have a set of 15" Ultraleggeras with some Toyo T-1R Proxes that have some thread left for a few laps.

I like more tyres with stiffer sidewalls, so if anyone has experience with these two, len me know pls.

thanks

Clio 172
Hi mates, another tyre question:)

I am looking for a 195/45 R16 summer tyre. They should be the best at dry and average on wet.
I cant use 205/45 r16 (local law stuff).

I am looking at Yokohama S.drive or Michelin Pilot Sport 3.

They don't have to last forever as i don't drive the 172 daily and going to change them after 3-4 years anyway. I might attend two-three track days this year, but i never been at track and don't plan to break the time records, just have fun. And for track i have a set of 15" Ultraleggeras with some Toyo T-1R Proxes that have some thread left for a few laps.

I like more tyres with stiffer sidewalls, so if anyone has experience with these two, len me know pls.

thanks

I fitted the Vredestein Sporttracs the other day and noticed the walls were quite stiff.
They are a bit cheaper than the Michelin's too. If they are available in Slovakia in 195 size, it might be a good option?

Arctic Blue 182
Just got some PS3 as this poll is to out of date and lacking info for me to risking something new. Sticking with what i know.