ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***Tyre Poll***

what do you use/recommend and why?

• toyo proxies

Votes: 627 25.1%
  • eagle F1 gsd's

Votes: 390 15.6%
  • bridgestone potenza re720

Votes: 45 1.8%
  • dunlop sp sport

Votes: 44 1.8%
  • michelin pilot exalto

Votes: 809 32.3%
  • yoko A539's

Votes: 108 4.3%
  • kumho ecsta 712

Votes: 53 2.1%
  • other please state...

Votes: 426 17.0%

• Total voters
  Clio 172 cup 300bhp
yoko pradars are bet all round had them on my 172 cup now have Prada spec 2's on my trophy excellent track day tyre that has strong tyre wall unlike Michelin exalto's which wear edges off after one go on track also very good in wet

BMW Z4 3.0i
Anyone used BF Goodrich G-Profiler? Was comparing the review scores on mytyres.co.uk and they completely wiped the floor with all the rivals. Plus they are also cheaper. I know a lot of the winning rally cars have been on BF Goodrich this season, that's got to be a start.

RenaultSport clio 182
Used to run BF goodrige on my PuG Xsi all the time, brilliant tires. But on my 172 I am running Eagle f1's. Very good tiers but need running in a bit. Just put two new ones on yesterday and front is wandering about a bit under hard acceleration out of bends.

Cant complain about 130 sheets fitted and balanced for a pair.

H22A7 Accord Type R
Gareth said:
fUbAr said:
Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD-3s.
195/50/R15

Superb grip, and long lasting too :)

ditto.

Ditto.........i have these on the clio and my van, and the van has done about 8k on them at least and they are only just getting to the 'really grippy - about-to-die off' stage! (and the van gets some stick / body roll on corners etc)

Last edited:
  H22A7 Accord Type R
SHORTIE 1.4 said:
Federal SS-595 .Has anyone used these? what are there like for handling wet/dry and do Federal SS-595 Tyre there wear well? Federal SS-595

my 1.2 16v used to spin in the wet, changing into 3rd gear, and that was with 17s on!! lol.......i smell....SHITE ;)

**can you tell ive just read through all 11 pages? lol

artic blue 182 Cup
My car uses 205/45 R16s... I first tried the OE Michelin PE2 on my 182 cup, they were good, but tried to find the "best tyres" so I went to Michelin Primacys to give them a try... they screamed like bitches and grip half the PE2... so no good.. then I finished the 4 (2 PE2 & 2 primacys and tried a new couple:

Now I have Pirelli's Pzero Neros have been with me for 3000miles and already worn:S such a soft compound... and no special grip in the dry though... haven't tried 'em on the wet, since it hasn't been raining in spain for a month... which is all the time they have!:mad:
Have Hankook K-104s (with XL of "extra load" for better sidewalls, which are neat ;)) at the back... til yesterday, which I swapped... and since before the car understeered with pirellis as hell and now oversteers with them at the back (funny driving mode 24/7 now:cool: ;)), I can tell that these hankook are WAAAY better... grip more, last more(very hard compound) and even, they're cheaper by more or less a 10%... so give them a try...

By the way.. I do a lot of motroways, but on weekends I do a lot of twisty roads... and climate conditions average is dry... Spain's sun is lovely for "sunday drivin'":cool: :approve:

hope this opinon helps:rolleyes: ... but above all, DON'T BUY NEROS!:quiet:

Mustang, S13, AX GT
EVOgone said:
PMSL .. even beter than the A539's...!!!!

Fred admit defeat PE2 "Best all round road tyre"

A539's nil point...!!!

A539s haven't done me any wrong, no worried moments yet *fingers crossed*. Very confident with them

172 cup
Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2's all the way. Theyre excellent in both wet and dry. Best tyre ive had on any car by far.

Monaco Blue 172
swapped onto F1's with my rover and loved the improvement in handling :D will be introducing them onto the clio when the time comes... currently its got different tyres front to rear which makes me a little nervous!

M

mij29

Got conti's on mine. thats what were on it when i had it so stuck with them.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
just ordered four yoko 539's for my 172. only 43 pound each from halfords! bargain!!
having them fitted in the week. should be better than my yoko 306 and conti mix...

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
My yoko 539's have now been fitted. Got them from Halfords. Only paid 43 per corner plus 6 for fitting and ballancing. Ordered them on a monday - fitted on a thursday. Drove down the road and thought they were sh!t. The car was all over the place. Checked the tyres and found that 3 of the 4 were put on the wrong way round! Halfords were more the apologetic and changed them round within 20 mins. Job done.
Yoko 539's.....can't fault them, awesome in the dry, not so awesome in the wet.

mazda 2 sport white
michelin pilot exalto still going at 8 thou still very good grip ,my 172 conti at 5 they where dead and needed some more when i sold it at 10 .:approve:

RS RIP
Michelin PE2's i like.
Before i had the Proxes , they were all over the road in the wet. Michelin till now very good, wet+dry !

172 cup
exaltos are second choice because brigestone dont make the potenza s0-2 in the correct size

ive also had these in the same size but on a dafferent hot hatch
toyo's i hated in the wet and were not much better
goodyear, pretty good but not as good as pilots
old version of pilots, lasted ages but turned brown

the pe2's i have now are very good

Last edited:
  clio 1.8 Williams Hybrid
I have Yoko AO35 on the front and Dunlop SP85 on the rear,use it for road rallies.

Ken

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
PE2s finally comming 2 the end. Overall not a bad tire really good grip in the dry right throught out the tire life but can't say the same for the wet. Order a new set of advan Ad07 can't wait to put them on...Has anyone tried theses b4

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Eagle F1's anyday of the week...

No matter what the roads are like these perform.

Conti's i found where w@nk in the wet!

Chelsea tractor
Michelin Alpin 2's (winter tyres)

Still on my car from winter 05/06 and have a stupid amout of tread left after over 11k. Awesome in the snow / wet and damn good in the dry. Only bad point is the noise (especially in the summer ) - they sound like they are actually sticking to the road and being peeled off!

182 CLIO SPORT
Continental contact sport 2.

I always use these. awesome grip in the dry and really good in the wet!!!!!quiet. good at 80/90 quid a corner. One down side they are quite soft and don't do alot of miles but who cares as long as they keep me on the road!!!

Ph2 172
Anyone know what's different between Toyo Proxi T1-R and T1-S??

Both are around £60 from "black Circles" - anyone used them for buying tyres btw?? seems almost too good to be true!

running Hankook Ventus Prime 185/55/15 82H on the front, good compromise of quality and value as I refuse to pay obscene amounts for tyres.

cars done 29K an still running original Michelin Energies on the back