ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Today, my car only was waiting in the driveway, but yesterday, I modified the look of the interior. I removed the grey plastic trims of the dashboard and replaced it with used ones from a 172 Clio:

27852291px.jpg

before

27852292fx.jpg

after

I quite like it. Next step will be a 172/182 steering wheel - if I can find one in good condition. Here in Germany, it is a very big problem.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Bought silver hammerite, paint brushes, Halfords lifting kit (jack etc) to paint my calipers as per @Christ Almighty . Tried to jack it up on my drive, slight slope, car moved and heard a ping so think I broke my handbrake, great. Oh, and because my wheel bolts are all air gunned up, I cant even get them off so I put it all away!!! I'm useless.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Long bar mate take it slow

Dont have a breaker bar thing, just the wheel wrench that came with the lifting kit, tried every wheel bolt and standing on the bar and they dont even move! Think im gonna have to pop to a garage and ask them to zap them off and tighten not so tight!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Have you tried not just standing on the bar although a pic would be ace :)

But like stamping on the bar instead?

RB Clio 182
Havnt you got a long metal tube that will go over the wrench mate?

Its s**t when you buy things for the car to do jobs and s**t like this happens tho, it makes you think 'what a waste of f**king time'

Hope you sort it mate.

RB Clio 182
I went back to it, turns out I was being a big girl and not stamping hard enough. Only done the rears cos its too cold!
Good lad!

Get the fronts done too, oh and give them a good 24hrs to dry if you can because when the calipers get hot and the paint isnt 100% dry, they tend to run and drip on your alloys.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Made a start on servicing it yesterday.
Still need to fit the front coilovers, brake fulid change and replace the o/s ball joint as it was flagged up on the last MOT.

2e1ac8f1fdbf7b90730c788993238b77.jpg

16d4720c682319b1470b5829b480104c.jpg

Clio 182 FF
Today, my car only was waiting in the driveway, but yesterday, I modified the look of the interior. I removed the grey plastic trims of the dashboard and replaced it with used ones from a 172 Clio:

27852291px.jpg

before

27852292fx.jpg

after

I quite like it. Next step will be a 172/182 steering wheel - if I can find one in good condition. Here in Germany, it is a very big problem.
Looks good.
The 182 Clio also came with the plain silver trim. I think I might see about swapping mine for the 172 'carbon' silver instead!

After a rear puncture repair the other day, the fitter reminded me to get some new front rubber.

3b5ba6d08af5e689b9bd76faceab07c1.jpg

V12s on the front again. Feels better in this weather.

Also tried to repair my heater pack by soldering in a new transistor- I've got fans back but they are behaving weird, not turning off just variations. New pack ordered now.

71ad588caa253c39ad5945aa26ada973.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 182 2005
Ordered some new goodyears to replace the useless Autogrips I have on the rear, in this damp weather its like driving on ice, back end stepping out and I'm driving sensibly.

Last edited:
  Clio 197
Washed the Clio today. After seeing all the new chips and scratches, I remembered why I never bother washing it.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Today I have fixed a leak at both joints of my exhaust, fitted a new dash clock radio display (and then the bulbs after the 'perfect working order' one had both bulbs blown!), new bulb in cigar lighter, swapped my washer pumps around so my screen washers work now, removed the broken and not working headlight washer jets (just need some grommets tomorrow for the time being) and fixed the number plate light. A few hours work I'm happy with!!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Should have replaced my wishbones that have sat in the garage for a month to try and get to the bottom of my sudden shocking handling

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Had to change the rear bulb holders. Originals lasted 9 years. New ones from Renault when they went last....... 2 years !!! Moisture has even got into the plugs and started to rust.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Changed a Xenon bulb, topped up the gearbox oil, tried to stop the boot plastic from vibrating by putting adhesive foam between it and the metal, remains to be seem if it worked, I almost felt like I accomplished something then I remembered the rear brakes started grinding today, always something to fix on these bloody cars, or it could just be mine.