ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help

Car  Megane 225 F1
Ok, so planning on going to view a car tomorrow evening. As it is 3 hours away i dont want to drive to look at the car and then go back again to buy it.

My problem is insurance.

My insurance company close at 5pm on saturdays which is before im going to be able to view the car. What can i do? Will i just have to wait until they are open again to be able to insure it and go and collect it another day? I really dont want to be doing the journey twice.
 
^ :S

Hmm, unless you want to pay out for one of those "insure for a day" policies then I guess you'll have to do the journey twice.
 
Under 21 so i cant have a day policy. Well this sucks, looks like i may be doing it twice :( Or just waiting until a weekday lol
 
Because it means taking my current car off the policy. If i turn up and i decide not to buy for any reason, i then cant get to work sunday morning as i start before the insurance company open. Leaving me with no transport to get to work.
 
I never want to drive uninsured or anything like that. Driving is essential to me as its the only way i can get to work / college. I never think its worth the risk :)
 
get the car hpi checked using hpicheck.com, will cost you £19.99, but included in this is Aviva driveaway insurance for 7 days.

you just need to call aviva on the number provided to get ya self covered.

will work out better i reckon :)
 
Problem solved. I hate ringing my insurance company as it cost so much from my mobile and i dont have a landline :(

But the girl said that i can add the car onto the cover for £15 for the week. This then covers all possible angles. Awsome:)
 
Admiral. They say all i have to do is call them up when they are open, give details of new car. They will then add it onto the policy and then make my current car the add on to the policy. Then if it goes wrong and i dont buy the car, i can ring them up when they are open next and cancel it, get a full refund for the extra premium of getting a 172, or keep the week so that i can look for another car and not go through the hassle again.
 
Admiral. They say all i have to do is call them up when they are open, give details of new car. They will then add it onto the policy and then make my current car the add on to the policy. Then if it goes wrong and i dont buy the car, i can ring them up when they are open next and cancel it, get a full refund for the extra premium of getting a 172, or keep the week so that i can look for another car and not go through the hassle again.
Why didn't you just do that in the first place instead of asking on here.
 
Because asking on here is free. Ringing them up from my mobile and spending 10 minutes on hold costs around £4.

We are in a recession LOL
 
was in the same position.

50 mile drive. im 22 and couldnt get temp cover for the day never mind 28 days because of the type of car. i still got the car that day though ;-)
 
Back
Top