ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

‘Claud’ The RB 182

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
See, mine doesn’t smell in the cabin on start up. Only when driving. And if I open the windows it’s loads worse. I guess as it’s vacuuming it in. It’s at its worse at motorway speeds….
Mines a bit like this as well, only when driving it hard though. Maybe it’s a feature 🤷‍♂️

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Mines a bit like this as well, only when driving it hard though. Maybe it’s a feature 🤷‍♂️

Maybe? It doesn’t smell like fuel like race cars do though.

It smells of fumes. Gives me a bit of a head ache at times. I’d wondered if it was the decat, but it’s weird it’s bad at motorway speeds etc and with the windows down at speed it’s pretty strong.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe? It doesn’t smell like fuel like race cars do though.

It smells of fumes. Gives me a bit of a head ache at times. I’d wondered if it was the decat, but it’s weird it’s bad at motorway speeds etc and with the windows down at speed it’s pretty strong.
Yeah same, definitely not fuel. It is odd. I’ve never really looked into it.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah same, definitely not fuel. It is odd. I’ve never really looked into it.

Maybe it is normal dude. Doesn’t strike me as being ideal though.

I’m sure I’ve been in decatted 182’s that don’t though.. wonder if there’s a leak further up perhaps.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
It’d have to be from the manifold, might have a look, see I can come across anything.

Yeah I’ll do the same

Unless it is as mentioned by underhill, the seals around doors and more specially the boot are shite and the vacuum from the rear is bringing the fumes in.

Who knows. You’d think you’d hear a leak or smell it around the engine bay wouldn’t you

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Get it all vbanded and you'll have zero smells.

It’s got vbands mate. All bar the link pipe to the manifold which is spring flanged. I stripped that, cleaned it, sealed it and tightened it today

Maybe it is this though. Who knows. It is right by the gear selector. So could be coming up from there I guess

Last edited:

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a Google. Is that flange supposed to have a gasket? If yes, mine doesn’t……..

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a Google. Is that flange supposed to have a gasket? If yes, mine doesn’t……..
Mine and the gasket which I bought off K-Tec. It’s the only one that’ll get a decent seal on PMS exhausts.

IMG_1022.jpeg
IMG_0379.jpeg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
That's the main one I meant you want vbanding 😂 They leak on a good day.

💩 let’s see how this goes. If it’s still s**t I may just bin the manifold and get one of those sexy b******s from pure

In for a penny in for a pound n’all that 🫠

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure if yours in the same but mine smells “hot” if you see what I mean, I thought my car was going to blow up at first as I wondered if it was overheating but it was fine.

I wouldn’t say mine smells hot. It just smells like a decatted car when you stand behind it upon starting up.

Except inside the car 🤣🤦🏽‍♂️🫠

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Right, not sure if I’m being a pleb.

What can you guys tell me about this. I’ve gone in to the airbag module and turned all the sensors off. Attempted to clear the dtc codes and the air bag light is still on 🤷🏽‍♂️ it went out momentarily and then came back. And I don’t seem to be able to clear the fault codes that exist either

Think my other issues may be with the steering angle sensor …..

Also does it look like this ecu has been played with before ?
IMG_7464.jpeg
IMG_7465.jpeg
IMG_7466.jpeg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Show me the screen of the airbag config menu where you untick/tick the ones to activate.

Also, make sure you dont have any resistors in any of the plugs as it will think something is still there.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Show me the screen of the airbag config menu where you untick/tick the ones to activate.

Also, make sure you dont have any resistors in any of the plugs as it will think something is still there.

That'll be it then. I have resistors on the steering wheel!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Do a screenshot of the menu if you want and i'll check it.

You might need to cycle the ingnition before you clear the codes, they need to be orange before you can clear them. Red codes aren't erasable.

Hmmm mine have been red from the word go…

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers James

Will check all this in a bit.

Thanks for your help!

I’m now down to two error codes. Weirdly the EML has gone out now as well. But it’ll defo come back.

Looks like I need to replace or reprogram the steering angle sensor. And then I should be away !

IMG_7473.jpeg
IMG_7474.jpeg
IMG_7476.jpeg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like a pretty good diagnostic tool that.

I’m happy with it tbh. It’s done what I need it to. It’s simple once you’ve got your head round it.

Have spent a few quid mind. Now have all the modules and all the maps 🤣🤦🏽‍♂️

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for your help!

I’m now down to two error codes. Weirdly the EML has gone out now as well. But it’ll defo come back.

Looks like I need to replace or reprogram the steering angle sensor. And then I should be away !

View attachment 1679533View attachment 1679534View attachment 1679535

No worries mate.

Rear O2 will be because of the decat if you have one. Some bring up a light and others don't, mine has always been on.

I don't think you can do anything with the steering angle sensor with RSTuner.