ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0-100 for 182 cup

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 02 April 2005

Why is this important?

I mean when is knowing your car can do 0-100 in whatever time going to have any use? Bragging rights?

Its a clio, nobody understands.
lol here here, all I know is it gets to 100 fast as f_ck!

Someone said the Williams needs 3 gear changes to get to 60, does that mean you cant hit 60 in 3rd?! Thats pretty weird if so.

3 gear changes:

1st - 2nd

2nd - 3rd

3rd - 4th...

My 205gti did over 60 in 2nd so I would of thought a Williams would do it in 3rd?!

my m8s clio did a mailto:14.51@97">14.51@97, 1/4 mile at pod end of Feb................thats a 172 cup with 188bhp. (soon to be 200 plus watch this space) Traction wasnt that clever though.......even the scoobies/evos were spinning off the line.

Ive heard the 172 cup and 182 cup are about the same as their isnt a great deal of torque difference between the 2 models and 172 dosent have a/c or abs.

saw standard clios doing early 15s.........even the V6 I saw doing 14.6-8s.

17 seconds for a standard clio is about right as after 90 the standard clio seems to run out of steam as weight dosent play as much a factor at this speed.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 04 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 02 April 2005

Why is this important?

I mean when is knowing your car can do 0-100 in whatever time going to have any use? Bragging rights?

Its a clio, nobody understands.
lol here here, all I know is it gets to 100 fast as f_ck!

Someone said the Williams needs 3 gear changes to get to 60, does that mean you cant hit 60 in 3rd?! Thats pretty weird if so.

3 gear changes:

1st - 2nd

2nd - 3rd

3rd - 4th...

My 205gti did over 60 in 2nd so I would of thought a Williams would do it in 3rd?!
I think they meant 3 gears, not three changes. i.e a change into third just before 60.

Incidentally, I find my 172 to be quicker upto the ton if I change to third just before 60....