ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

02' Clio 1.2 16v Misfire...What haven't I tried??

02 1.2 Dynamique
Recently acquired an 02' Clio, with a flashing emissions light and goes into to limp mode.

Idles around 500 really lumpy.
Plugged it into a diag machine and got a load of errors, cleared those and ran to see what would come up.
Base 1 02 sensor and misfire on cylinder 3 came back.

Replaced spark plugs and got a new pre cat lambda (last one was bodged connected and came apart).
Now the light is still coming on??

Found some advice on here about try pulling out HT leads and see if it bogs down when running.
Low and behold it cylinder 3 had no effect, yet i can hear it sparking.

What could it be? Injector? Im open to cleaning the throttle body if someone posts a pic.

Ta

Tom

DCI100
try using some injector cleaner fluid, throttle bod won't cause a misfire shouldn't really need cleaning.

If it doesn't work take it to the garage ;)

02 1.2 Dynamique
:lol: I kinda be grudge paying for diagnostics.

If the fault was with the plugs, leads or coil pack would the lead still be making arcing?

Would the throttle body effect the poor idle?

Mk2 Ph2 172
I would try another coil pack first as these are common to go

I would ignore the lamba sensor fault as it has just pickup your engine is running rich so It maybe tricking itself into thinking its faulty....

It wouldn't be an injector as it would flag up

02 1.2 Dynamique
Cheers Pastieman.

I only changed the lambda sensor as the sensor and the plug wasn't actually connected hahaha

02 1.2 Dynamique
Ohhh pastieman!

Changed the Lamba, CPS, Coilpack, Leads, Plugs.

The misfire has gone from cyl 3 to 2, so the garage suggested HG failure?