ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

03 172 Cup - bad miss and rough idle ?

cup 172
Hi any advice welcome!
On way to work this morning, my car started to run rough. I noticed the engine light flashing on dash. This engine light came and went a few times over the journey and car now seems to be running on two/three cylinders. I have had a look at some older posts and the coilpack seems the most likely culprit.
If so, wheres best place to get a replacement - does partco or othe rmotor factors sell them or am I looking at ordering online or visiting a Renault dealer?

Any help appreciated, it was a long slow 40 mile trip that I dont want to repeat!

j26

Clio 197
i have same problem with my 172 and tried ngk plugs and a dealer coil pack but still the same, if i fix it i will let u know what is is/was!!!

cup 172
cheers
just bought and fitted it in the last hour and it seems to have resolved the problem. Although it didn't seem to be quite as sprightly as before.

Do stored trouble codes cause it to back off timing or anything - a bit like a limp home? Do i need to have these cleared or just disconnect battery if there are codes stored?