ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

04 182 Failed MOT - Emissions

Renault Sport Clio 182
Hi all, I thank you advanced for any help you can provide. Basically I've had a decat on my yozza system for about 8 months and MOT time has come round and I had the cat put back on last week. Put some forte gas treatment ad injector cleaner in and run the tank through. Went for my MOT today and it failed on high idle emissions test with readings -

Test 1 CO% - 0.696
HC - 59
Lambda - 1.135

Test 2 CO% - 0.810
HC - 109
Lambda - 1.006

If anyone could give me any help that would be great as i have 10 days for a free retest and what not. Cheers all :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'd check the joint between your exhaust and CAT , or exhaust manifold and CAT isn't leaking . Mine is ever so slightly and the lambda level was higher than last year , borderline fail .

Renault Sport Clio 182
Yeah that joint is solid, was put back on last friday and the fella used some thick black exhaust sealant so is good seal there

Renault Sport Clio 182
Whats an 'Italian tune up' and i forgot to mention that the exhaust fumes still smell very strong even with the cat on

Rev or drive the balls off the engine so it burns carbon burnup in the exhaust and chambers.

To quote Wikipedia

An Italian tuneup usually refers to a process whereby the operator of a motor vehicle runs the engine at full load for extended periods in order to burn carbon buildup from the combustion chambers and exhaust system.

Renault Sport Clio 182
Been down to JMS today for diagnostics and all clear on diagnostics so indicating cat is knackered. GAY GAY GAY