ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

04' Dynamique

'04 Clio 1.6
As I've said a couple of times about the site. After having to sell my corsa due to the poor old bugger falling to bits (she was a '96 bless it) I moved on and upwards into the world and grabbed myself a Clio. 1.6 Dynamique+ Mk2 Ph2, you know all the stuff probably better than I do. 67k miles on the clock too so not bad for £1800.

So after getting it, and falling quite hard in love with it, I figured this is the car Ill get a little tinkery with. My first ideas we're essentially just to restore a few bits. A pretty standard scratch on the passenger mirror, a perculiar dent on the inside of the spoiler, a rather odd too explain scratch straight to the silver below the rear licence plate and whatever the hell was going on with the rear licence plate.

Then I started looking about. I've always liked the look of the sport versions but wasnt entirely sure of my financial status if I could run and afford a 2.0. Hence why i settled for the 1.6. However, after doing a bit of looking about, my plan is to chuck Sport parts on there. Im expecting a bit of abuse from you guys for doing this because I can imagine a lot of you think why bother doing that when I could just buy a 2.0. But hey, shaddap.

So, heres the car as is before anything.

AwuDi75CAAApEwS.jpg

Since joining the site, I've really just been adding to the appearance. So I've purchased new plates via fancy plates, changed the headlight indicator bulbs to clear.

I also managed to find a replacement spoiler on ebay for about £30.

20120629_182007.jpg

And these came today.

422308_10151040238088836_1013331654_n.jpg

I quite like them. But Im curious as to others opinions. Bit late now though since I bought them though! I liked these because of the usual 2.0/V6 wheels that I've seen a lot of. I also think in that photo the shadow makes the car look darker. Where as ther white on Nautical Blue should be a little less subtle.

Im currently waiting on the delivery of the sport parts that I bought from Kat at RenParts. Full front bumper/grill, both front wings and side skirts and a rear bumper. Obviously since 172/182s arent in Nautical Blue though, they'll all be coming in different colours. So that'll be fun to spray. Along with the body trim, that'll go body colour too.

Thats about all I plan to do though for now. Will document it for those interested.

'04 Clio 1.6
Thats what all my mates have been saying when I told them. Tis a b**ch to clean, but providing I keep em polished it shouldnt be too bad

look forward to this! also wacking sports bits on a non sport is acceptable to most on here haha! a lot of people (including me) have their 1.2s with the 172 rear bumper, 172/182 wheels, I've even got the sport interior! as so have many others! so go for it buddy! also get picsss yyeyeyee!

'04 Clio 1.6
I got her back from the paintshop yesterday after work and I'm actually totally in love, when I walked to the garage I could only see the back but I literally couldnt pull the smile off my face. But Im now ridiculously in love (More than I was when my clio was normal!)

I'll take a few shots of it tomorrow whilst at work, then upload a bunch after. Sunday I put the final pieces on the exterior and she'll be complete!

Sleepy, for a lot of people I think its a fair thing to do! My boss thinks I'm an idiot for doing it but his take on things like that are 'If you want it with extras buy it brand new from the company' but then he is on more money than sense unfortunately. He definitely didnt like it when I pulled up to work on Monday with my car with a black bumper, one silver and one black side skirt, a front bumper and front wing in two different shades of silver, and the other front wing was Mondial Blue with a big patch of the paint coming off bang in the middle of it. Where I work we deal with a lot of high end cars (McLarens, Astons etc) so imagine his face when the row of cars outside our office went 911, DB9, My multi-coloured Clio and then a Ferrari Modena. He was not chuffed!

I think its a shame that you dont see very many 182s n sports out on the roads much (Not in Southampton at least) I think they look great. So switching my 1.6 up to this style and keeping it in the Nautical Blue makes it stand out hopefully!

Anyhoo, pics to come tomorrow :D

Keep the updates coming fella!

I see loads of 1*2's all the time, maybe you need to go to Specsavers ;)

'04 Clio 1.6
Okay okay! So this is what it looked like around this time last week.

578722_10151095688943836_949924257_n.jpg

Gotta love the looks I got driving about in that!

And now, after the spraying and zee wheels...

424651_10151111611548836_1701879313_n.jpg

309118_10151111611818836_308599376_n.jpg

After putting the wheels on though its noticablely riding a little high, so unfortunately the money drain doesnt end there, so Ill be looking for some better suited springs, along with some wheel arch liners as the old ones obviously dont fit!

Im chuffed to f**king bits with it though! Though these wheels are a sod to clean hahahah

'04 Clio 1.6
It looks so good in that colour, makes a change and them wheels suit it perfectly. It'll look great when its been tastefully lowered (not slammed) :p

Love it though mate

Cheers and yeah, it will be just lowered to look normal, nothing stupid :p

Looks really nice mate, just spray those door handles!

Ta man, and to be honest i never thought about the door handles. Think it might be better to keep them black now so I dont have people confused where they are when they get in lol

'04 Clio 1.6
Yeah, Im aware it needs lowering as Ive already stated, looking at some Eibachs to getbit nice and comfy. Managed to get the Arch liners from Sash and through Revels on eBay (thanks for that guys!)