ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v 0-60....

I think some people get confused..dynamiques are only 60bhp..extremes are 75bhp.
probably why some people think 1.2's are slow..they have been in the 60bhp.
I ran it out of petrol and took the spare wheel out..I weigh about the same as a few bags of shopping and it had an induction kit on it.
I also thrashed my nephews so called ph-quick from the lights. I prefer to call them
ph-ugly.

Im gonna do a 1/4 mile and no one can contest that.

MCS R56
Induction kit! In that case, you should be getting low 7's!

You thrashed a ph-quick from the lights...nice one!

1.2's are slow in either form and niether do 60 in under 10 secs.

BMW bus
I think some people get confused..dynamiques are only 60bhp..extremes are 75bhp.
I ran it out of petrol and took the spare wheel out..I weigh about the same as a few bags of shopping and it had an induction kit on it.
I also thrashed my nephews so called ph-quick from the lights. I prefer to call them
ph-ugly.

Cant be @rsed to read the entire thread but are you saying you thrashed a ph-quick in a 1.2?

ph-ugly.

What a load of old b****cks, Dynamiques are better than Extremes.
The only 60hp Clio is the 1.2 8 valve Authentique. Even the Expressions use the 1.2 75hp 16v unit.
The book time 0-60 for the 16v is 12.6 and it actually says in the Renault brochure the Expressions are quickest because they are on 14" steelies.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'll have one more go then...

On your video, your clutch starts biting at 3 seconds, just as it gets over 4,000 rpm - the revs drop down a little as you fully engage it, then the revs climb again as you accelerate in 1st gear. That's when you start moving, not when the speedo wakes up at 10mph.

You reach an indicated 65 at 16-17 seconds, which is a true 60-62mph.

Whichever way you look at it, you can't get 16 or 17 minus 3 to equal less than 10.

Any good?

I'm not saying it's crap, nor slagging off 1.2s like some on here (I think they're great little cars and wouild swap my Omega for one in a heartbeat), but your true 0-60 acceleration figure is 12-13 seconds.

Racing Blue FF182
i think under 10 seconds is abit obtimistic, my 1.6 has book speed of 9.3 and i certainly dont believe a 1.2 could acheive that

ph-ugly.

The only 60hp Clio is the 1.2 8 valve Authentique. Even the Expressions use the 1.2 75hp 16v unit.
The book time 0-60 for the 16v is 12.6 and it actually says in the Renault brochure the Expressions are quickest because they are on 14" steelies.

No they are not..I have proof somewhere!

Your talking utter rubbish.
The Dynamique is near enough top of the range and is only fitted with the 1.2 16v, 1.4 16v, 1.6 16v and DCI engines.
The extreme is a tarted up expression with fog lights etc because renault had a field full of cars they needed to shift so they pulled their usual 'special edition stunt'.
The only 60bhp engine is the 1.2 8v lump which you can only get in the Authentique. Fact.

Its all here:
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Summary.aspx?model=742

Your talking utter rubbish.
The Dynamique is near enough top of the range and is only fitted with the 1.2 16v, 1.4 16v, 1.6 16v and DCI engines.
The extreme is a tarted up expression with fog lights etc because renault had a field full of cars they needed to shift so they pulled their usual 'special edition stunt'.
The only 60bhp engine is the 1.2 8v lump which you can only get in the Authentique. Fact.

Its all here:
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Summary.aspx?model=742

thats the one..my bad:eek:

I'll let you off as you might have been getting confused with the new campus sport models, most of them are 60bhp! :)

ph-ugly.

How can you say this....

DSCI0249.jpg

looks better than this???....

029.jpg

I didn't necessarily say it looked better, Dynamiques cost more to buy than Extremes due to the fact they have a higher spec, auto lights, rain sensing wipers, ac or climate in most cases etc.
I can't really be arsed to go into it but do a search.

Shed.
I'll let you off as you might have been getting confused with the new campus sport models, most of them are 60bhp! :)

saw one of those up close today. god i thought the awfulthentique was poverty...omg its a rat lol.

ps. I could beat you all hands down in my 1.2 16v. :D

MCS R56
only on CS we have a 5 pager argument whever a 1.2 does 0-60 in under 10sec.

There ain't no arguement.

And if nobody replied to the initial claim, it wouldn't be much of a forum.

It's really the 'my car is actually a lot faster than it really is' syndrome - where 2 seconds are chopped off the book or actual 0-60 time because the speedo was recorded on video, and the fuel tank was running optimax. Oh, and not forgetting the induction kit! This applies to all cars/forums.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It must be a special 1.2 that rinses any other Clio 1.2 16v out there.

My car standard does 0-60 in about 11s (which is piss slow, but it;s quicker than any 1.2 I've come across).

Conversly, when it was remapped, it supposedly had about 110bhp, and did 0-60 just under 10 seconds, and there's no way in hell a 1.2 could match that.

If you use a decent camera, that can see outside (to tell when you set off and gradient) then it would be believable, but a phone camera distorts the picture and audio too much.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
only on CS we have a 5 pager argument whever a 1.2 does 0-60 in under 10sec.

There ain't no arguement.

And if nobody replied to the initial claim, it wouldn't be much of a forum.

It's really the 'my car is actually a lot faster than it really is' syndrome - where 2 seconds are chopped off the book or actual 0-60 time because the speedo was recorded on video, and the fuel tank was running optimax. Oh, and not forgetting the induction kit! This applies to all cars/forums.

:boring:

I didn't necessarily say it looked better, Dynamiques cost more to buy than Extremes due to the fact they have a higher spec, auto lights, rain sensing wipers, ac or climate in most cases etc.
I can't really be arsed to go into it but do a search.

?????

dynamique..http://www.renault.co.uk/ApprovedUs...code=hp2+5pz&sortorder=Year&searchdealer=true

extreme 2...http://www.renault.co.uk/ApprovedUs...chsor=False&timestamp=2008-02-21+16:38:55.747

I meant new.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
wrong, dynamique came in 1.2 16v, 1.4 16v, 1.6 16v and the 3 DCI engines, not the 1.2 8v
Both are slow
Induction kit wouldnt give you a power gain, probably just lose you power.
ph-ugly.
So your saying you beat a car with 97bhp more off the lights because you have an induction kit, arnt fat, have no fuel and dont have a spare wheel. yes ok.

infact maby the ph-quick tried that trick but actually ran out of fuel at the lights?

make sure you have enough fuel to complete the run.

wrong, dynamique came in 1.2 16v, 1.4 16v, 1.6 16v and the 3 DCI engines, not the 1.2 8v
Both are slow
Induction kit wouldnt give you a power gain, probably just lose you power.
ph-ugly.
So your saying you beat a car with 97bhp more off the lights because you have an induction kit, arnt fat, have no fuel and dont have a spare wheel. yes ok.

infact maby the ph-quick tried that trick but actually ran out of fuel at the lights?

make sure you have enough fuel to complete the run.

PMSL :approve: