ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v Air Box Problem

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Hi guys this is my first post :)

Heres the deal, a mate at work has recently purchased an Astra VXR which had a K&N air filter fitted. He took it of as he didnt want it and it ended up in my hands. Since it was free i decided no mater what it was going to fit my tiny clio engine....

As i discovered when atempting to attatch the huge kit, on my Mk2 Ph2 the air box is attatched to the engine...

Unfortunatly i had ripped the fabric type matereal that the air feed is made from so was wondering does any one know the size of it so i could buy a replacement.

At the moment i have the huge cone taped onto my pipe so not a good look =P

Thank you in advance =)

P.S sorry for poor spellings

Ive got a bend that fits the k&n 57i induction kits designed for a clio ph2. But id want to sell the cone and the bend + the filter cleaners together as I no longer need it. PM me if your interested.

On the other hand you may be able to pick up a samco bend or something similar for it.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Do you have the whole lot?

As in the adapter for the box too?

The problem i have is im not wanting to waste too much money atm and i cant attatch it
to the existing pipe that comes off the airbox becasue thats like an inch wide and he pipe from the
K&N is closer to 3 or mebe inch wide lol, took a lot of tape to attach it trust me ha ha

SDC17547.jpg

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
It wouldnt fit, i dont think. how did you have it fitted to yours? Is it from a mk2 ph2?

1.2 clio
lol yeh thats different.... erm i did buy a k&n off ebay and it came with the angled part to fit on the engine then the filter.... i would a pick but i dont think ive got one :/ i will hav a look m8

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Throttle body on the 1.2 16v is integral to the airbox IIRC... rate pain in the ar_ _

Don't fit a K&N... It won't add 10bhp and if its the noise you want why not put a tastefull backbox on it and save your fuel consumption/pocket?

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Its not noise that i want realy, just the fact i snapped the air feed off my existing box was hoping for a cheep and cheerful fix :dapprove:

Fabia VRS Special Ed
the fabric they use on the standard feed is terrible mate, they break all the time, if you're not that bothered just put black insulation tape around it and it'll fix it.
I gaurantee that if you buy another one, you'll come to take it off in 6 months time and it'll break again.