ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v Billabong I/K

Mini Cooper S JCW

Which is best?

wanna buy 1 for my xmas for my gf.

not bothered about performace really, sound is the main thing as it being 1.2 n all.

from my experience K&N r nice, but the sound of pipercross is better IMO.

Thanks, Marc.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

sounds like you answered your own question

have a look at the ktec ones they do funky kits

the pipercross makes no sound whatsoever on the 1.2 16v - i had one, then sold to tomclio16v

replaced it with the piperscorss s-spec, which again, made no noise low down, but a nice whistle above 5000rpm

chris has the viper fitted to his, and it sounds quite nice, slightly too pricey though

k&n have a habit of melting from my experiences with them

just a couple of notes you may want to take on-board

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 01 December 2003

the pipercross makes no sound whatsoever on the 1.2 16v - i had one, then sold to tomclio16v

You must have got used to it cos it was bloody loud on my car after 3500rpm, i took mine off as motorway milage was annoying

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Really?

thats odd.

Must be my "special" high torque engine.

Mini Cooper S JCW

ok thanks lads..... my mate has a pipercross on his 1.2 punto n it makes quite a nice roar as hes pulls off, so want similar on the billabong.

dont surpose u have ne vids/mp3s of the I/K do u Tomclio16v?

Thanks, Marc.

PS Bambam how much did u pay for the pipercross?

i paid next to nothing for the pipercross vector (about £60) and then paid £99.99 for the S-Spec as its only available through halfords dealers :(

the punto does make an awesome note with an induction kit, sadly the clios doesnt