ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v clios are amazin!!!

H22A7 Accord Type R
yup, im ranting and raving again!!

As most of you will know, i am selling my clio, mainly due to lack of use and wanting something different. As i dont use it much, i 'force' myself to take it out for a spin every now and again.

Well, i was going to wash it tonight, but though, nah, its not really that dirty, just drive it. So, went, cruised about town, stuck £15 of optimax in it (at 105ppl!!!) then headed off up my favourite road, which leads to Saddleworth. normally id head back into halifax from there, but tonight i headed for Rochdale!!! then the M62, then the M61, and ended up past Bolton lol!! so shot over to Burnley and then back on the cool wee roads to halifax, and home!

What a great run!! 100 miles, eaten up with many smiles! 27 degrees on the dash, both windows down, exhaust popping away and..........48mpg!!! wtf!!! i drive my berlingo van all the time (1.9D non-turbo). The clio feels RAPID (dont laugh 172 boys!) compared to it! i did an overtaking move on the burnley road, 2nd gear, christ, it just went!! its ace driving a slow motor all the time, makes 75bhp feel quick! thats the first time ive found the limiter in aaaaaaaaaages!!! took me totally by surprise!!

Once again, the 1.2 16v machine has put a huge smile on my face!!! Its gonna get a wash tomorrow now! ;) Thanks for reading yet another of Rob's happy day stories!!

There is something about the 1.2 16v that make them feel rapid the cheap shitty materials Renault use to make them. Have a nice day :D................ I have a 1.2 btw.

Fuel is so expensive.... I might consider getting myself a Fiat cinquecento, had the loan of the one for two and half weeks before my 182 turned up. Now that was a car that impressed the ladies, plus it did 350 miles on 17 quid of fuel. Honestly it did (on both counts). 899cc of pure power

SLK 350
I hated my 1.2, was far to slow...and motorway overtaking on any sort of incline at 80mph, well.....1/2 mile run up needed - sucked :(

Mondeo STTDCI
My 1.2 returned nearly the same MPG on average as my 182. It sucked the big one. I used to average 33mpg. I get 30ish on the 182.

1.2 MK2 PH2
mine does around 40mpg like... mite invest in some tank addertivod from emes... unless they dont work ive only heard go

H22A7 Accord Type R
lol, slow, s**t? each to their own guys! It puts a smile on my face and is cheap as chips to run! .............why did i put optimax in? because i can! ;)

H22A7 Accord Type R
anthrogan said:
mine does around 40mpg like... mite invest in some tank addertivod from emes... unless they dont work ive only heard go

mine was averagine low 40's, until i serviced my air filter and took it on some decent runs. It actually does better mpg on the motorway runs with the optimax in it. I had it registering 56mpg the other week on a steady cruise up the penines!!! It must be pissed at me for trying to sell it lol.

H22A7 Accord Type R
Frasers Cup said:
The 1.2 is recommended for 95 ron fuel not the 97+ of optimax. The engine will not benefit from using this.

i ran my old one on optimax and run this one of it most of the time. 'Benefit' from using it? Correct me if i am wrong but optimax also contains special agents which help protiect the engine etc?? God sake, if i am prepared to stick more expensive fuel in my motor, thats up to me!! I KNOW it gives MY CAR better mpg and a crisper response.

al

ST on the way...
Aircon?!?! :S

I normally get 38-40mpg but with Climate on full all the time at the mo i'm down to 34-36mpg.

Chocolate Bar™
big up the 1.2 masseeevvvvee! they are faster than 172s after all ;)

i've gots 36 in my 1.2 sitting in traffic with aircon, but i'd just reset it so that'd be the reason. Normally get around 50 mpg

BMW 330d :)
R3OBC said:
i ran my old one on optimax and run this one of it most of the time. 'Benefit' from using it? Correct me if i am wrong but optimax also contains special agents which help protiect the engine etc?? God sake, if i am prepared to stick more expensive fuel in my motor, thats up to me!! I KNOW it gives MY CAR better mpg and a crisper response.

If it suits you fine. But renault would recommend 97 ron fuel on the 1.2 if it made any difference. I wouldnt worry about damaging the engine either. Millions of 1.2's use 95 ron with no problems.

H22A7 Accord Type R
just personal preference Fraser.........just like using fully synt oil etc etc........nah, my 1.2 is hardcore.........aircon, whats that?????? lol

1.6 16v
i work in an oil refinery and there is an additive that increases the octane level called raffirmate to create a super unleaded petrol, the quantity of this additive is just increased by a small percent so it will make zero differance to your engine protection and i find it hard to believe that your mpg will increase as it will increse the temperature of your engine! using 98 octane instead of a factory recomended 95 octane, without having your engine set up and/or tuned would only be detrimental to your cars performance!!!!!

Black 172
My air con doesnt seem to effect my mpg, i still get around 42 mpg on motorways and about 34 around town :) thats ok for me lol

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I get roughly 36mpg around town and about 42-45mpg on longer runs. (Rarley goes above 4.5k revs, just don't need to). ;)

We have (Hubby and I) a 13 year old 1.2 Fidji as a runaround, and for a 1.2 she is as nippy as f**k, no comparison to my 1.6 of course, but she can certainly move her butt if you need her to. Long live the little 1.2's. :D

1.6 16v
i drove from southend to birmingham and it went up by 0.2 mpg! i dont get it. o n i tried to remove the lead weight from my foot but it seems to be attached! lol

1.2 16v Dynamique
In my 1.2 16V I get low to mid 40s mpg urban (drops to 36ish if I hammer it:) ) and usually around about 48mpg at a steady 65 to 70mph on the motorways (only mod I have is a K&N panel filter)...:cool:

I love mine it gets abused on a regular basis and still starts first time every time and comes back for more....:D :D

i loved my 1.2 16v and it did feel quick, begin only my second car and all, but MPG on it was rubbish was on about 34 most of the time, now my 182 is on 30 to 32, what that all about lol