ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v (D4F) cambelt. Easy job?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I've been told the cambelt in these engines are quite easy to change due to space around the engine, SOHC and few components, etc. and wondered if anyone had a guide or some more info?

I don't plan on doing it myself, I just wanted to see how "easy" it is...

ITB'd MK1
pretty straightforward, I do about 4 a week. pin (m8 bolt) into flywheel locking hole, engine mount and belt covers off, aux belt off, bottom pulley off, de-tension cambelt and remove, check water pump for signs of ANY leak, replace if any trace of water/coolant (fairly common), fit new tensioner, fit belt using marks on belt and pulleys, refit lower covers, fit bottom pulley and torque, remove lock pin, tension using procedure (tension, turn over, adjust, check etc) fit upper covers, fit aux belt, fit engine mount. Done

That's not definitive BTW, but it's not far off

alien green rs133
i know they reccomend turning the tensioners one way then the other. do you just ajust it one way danny?

Ph 1 172
i had no idea what i was doing when my engine blew up cambelt snapped, had to get a new engine. I took the old engine out and put a new clutch, spark plugs, oil, oil filter, cam and aux belt on new engine and fitted it in 2 days. WITH A HAYNES MANUAL... it was a pieve of piss to be honest if i could do it anyone could do it im useless with stuff like this

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
tensioner goes anti clockwise, do it clock wise and it will fuk up, ive seen it done by an old apprentice at work, tensioner will rub on casing.

alien green rs133
weird that autodata tells you to go anti clockwise. rotate engine 6 times then go clockwise :S

staying anticlockwise from now on, thats simple anyway