ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v electrical fault

1.2 16v Dynamique
Hi, I recently brought an 02 plate 1.2 16v clio, and had the MOT renewed in November. Shortly after, I noticed the electronic fault light appeared on the dash, and I lost all power to the accelerator pedal. While this was happening, revs locked at around 1,500 - 2,500 depending on the gear. It doesn't always happen immediately after the light shows, if it appears and I rev the balls off my car quick enough (change down gears or just belt it for a second or two) the light will go away. Some times it will not happen for days, and some times it will happen 7 or 8 times during a journey, no matter what I do. I have read into it a little, and found alot of people mentioned a wore through loom connected to the ecu, but as I checked they all seemed good condition, but havent been able to check under the metal casing as of yet. Has anyone else had this problem? Did the simple ecu diagnostics too, and it revealed a oil sensor fault (h), is this related or just a coinciding issue? Any help or advice would be appreciated!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It could be the short "injection" loom fault yes. This is easy enough to check for with a visual on the loom but a new one is like £180 so i'd just replace it if you suspect this to be the issue. There is also a fairly common issue with the Marelli ECU's which causes this issue do to an internal voltage issue and a wiring loom fix/replacement won't rectify the fault.

Renault Clio Mk2
i think when the light comes on it confirms the car is indeed.. french. sorry mate i know stuff like thats annoying haha;) can't help you, but can make a joke of it;)