ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v mk2 major service?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys,

other half's Punto is about to blow up! Shes in the process of deciding what new car she wants to get (potentially 1 series). However, as she is undecided i need to find something that is going to be reliable for over the next few months untill she decides.

I was looking at a mk2 clio dci but they are so hard to find. So I'm now looking at a normal 1.2 mk2 clio and looking to spend no more than £1200. Theres an 03 plate with full years mot but no service history. Looks clean in pictures, going to see it tomorrow and i will verify mileage with mot check online. However, the lack of service info worries me, I'm sure it will be due a belt change but I'm wondering what cost it is for this on a normal clio?

any help appreciated as it will help when nocking the price down (or at least trying to)

Thanks,
Austin

1.2 16v
What is the mileage? I bought mine for 750 so I knew what I was getting into. Mine also doesnt have any service history. The only history it has is all the receipts ive got since I had It. I have been really lucky so far as ive only spent say.. 1200 for the car itself and repairs.

My cambelt change cost £210 but this included a waterpump and a fresh coolant flush aswell!

It could be a lucky cat where the only issue could be the no service history. If you know anyone who knows a bit it is definitely worth offering them a crate of beer to go with ya and give it a thourough going over! :)