ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v mpg = 24

lol, you need to drive a 1.2 in the power band to get anywhere at all.
Power is minimal but if your town driving it doesnt matter. It's just when you hit the motorway you'll be doing 3500rpm at 70.

I average between 39 and 44MPG with a mix of town driving, motorways, lots of traffic and hard acceleration. If you're getting ~24mpg, either learn to drive properly or check your car isn't fucked. (when was it last serviced for example?)

Do you rest everytime your at the pump. It's also going to be less if you drive with more people in the car. If you have a full car, your going to be giving it a full boot every time your at a set of lights just to move away. Which results in using more petrol.

You settled with the clutch now?

I can rag my 1.2 about and get no less than 38mpg. Usually sit at 42 mpg with a mix of town, country and motorway driving. If I drive carefully I can get 52mpg from it

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah got a proper pikey way to make your biting point higher. need to do a write up on it because I found quite a few threads of people moaning. Dead easy too!

1.2 16v clio campus
Haha, forgot to reply to this, the bottom spring in both of my front brake callipers was seazed, must be with all the salt, grit, etc. On the roads, took them to bits, cleaned them up, bit of scotch brite, blew them out, job done, 43 mpg can't complain!

320d
lol, you need to drive a 1.2 in the power band to get anywhere at all.
Power is minimal but if your town driving it doesnt matter. It's just when you hit the motorway you'll be doing 3500rpm at 70.

This is very true.

I hate having short ratios in top gear, my mx5 sits at 3500 rpm @ 70 mph too and it does my head in, its good for overtaking on the motorway because it gives decent acceleration but for a cruise its just irritating. Its surprising how much difference it makes having a car sit at 3k on the motorway rather than 3.5k to both economy and comfort.