ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v Owners

Ad

MK2 FRS

Evilshredder, I also ran my clio in- 500 miles. However, the general consensus including from renault is that you dont have to bother. I did it for piece of mind.

Ive put my 1.2 16v to test on the track and in standard guise with a tank full of optimax and no passengers but two 10" subs and a 15" one, when Id just finished running it in, it pulled 0-60 in 10.9 and a top mph of 116. Book figures for my car said 12.1 0-60 and 106 top speed so the figures ARE wrong! The Mk2 has the same engine but its tuned differently (the torque is apparently redistributed so theres less of a flat spot mid-range) so the 0-60 is 13.0 but it pulls harder to 100. I took it to the track again recently since I had my Scorpion system fitted and its slower. 0-60 was 11.3 and it reached 114. However 50-70 is definitely faster, the flat spot is gone since fitting the zorst.

Ford Fiesta

on mine i was doing around 116mph on the dials and on the sat nav it was saying 107mph. BUT it felt as if it had a wee bit to go after that speed, by which time i was backing off.

ive had 110 out of my 1.2, its a MK1 and Ive never done a 0-60 run properly timed, was a dodgy watch timer thing, but it was in the 10-11 range with 1/4 tank of optimax. (BTW, that sh*t really works on smaller cars, anyone tried it in a beast? any improvement?) my car has done 24000 though so its properly run in ;) (I took it easy for the first 1000, then she got some proper treatment. Still works fine now, not one bit of trouble with her.

I find the clutch cable feels sticky when the engine is hot, anyone have any ideas? Im going to ask renno about it! And also annoying noisy sunroofs!!!