ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16V Pearl Black

1.2 Extreme
Hi all just an introduction really..
Been driving my 106 for 4 months and it's dying on me slowly so...went to have a look at a black Clio Extreme 1.2, needs a little bit of work to get it up to scratch but it's only £350 and even if it only lasts till I've got a years no claims it'll do the job!

Hopefully I will pick the car up today, if I do I'll be sure to get some pictures up!

That's all from me, keep your eyes pealed!

Last edited:
  1.2 Extreme
Newbie From Coventry!

So, got the clio delivered today.. Gave it a good wash with a helping hand from Darius!
Body work isn't the best but for the price I paid of £350 it's a bargain!
Bad points are:
-Small dent in the bootlid
-Needs a wheel bearing.
-The steering wheel could also do with a re-trim!
-When I press the brake the fog light comes on aswell as when I put the hazards on,anybody know anything about this?

As far as I'm aware this is all I know but I'm sure there'll be summat else I find along the way!

Few pictures:
qajyjepe.jpg

ra9y6uda.jpg

zy4y7u5e.jpg

utana7yh.jpg

ugahyde7.jpg

yrure8u8.jpg

a7ebequ6.jpg

upe4ubaq.jpg

Mk3 1.4 clio
Newbie From Coventry!

So, got the clio delivered today.. Gave it a good wash with a helping hand from Darius!
Body work isn't the best but for the price I paid of £350 it's a bargain!
Bad points are:
-Small dent in the bootlid
-Needs a wheel bearing.
-The steering wheel could also do with a re-trim!
-When I press the brake the fog light comes on aswell as when I put the hazards on,anybody know anything about this?

As far as I'm aware this is all I know but I'm sure there'll be summat else I find along the way!

Few pictures:
qajyjepe.jpg

ra9y6uda.jpg

zy4y7u5e.jpg

utana7yh.jpg

ugahyde7.jpg

yrure8u8.jpg

a7ebequ6.jpg

upe4ubaq.jpg

Welcome mate, not bad at all for £350. Good to see the group getting bigger haha.

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Flamer
Re: Newbie From Coventry!

£350 absolute bargain.

Welcome to the club, first thing I would do is get a snappy steering wheel refurb :D

If you use the search bar and type 'snappy' it is the first one on there, you will see how good they are!

TK

£350 absolute bargain.

Welcome to the club, first thing I would do is get a snappy steering wheel refurb :D

If you use the search bar and type 'snappy' it is the first one on there, you will see how good they are!

TK

Wheel would be worth half the car lol :p

1.2 Extreme

Thanks everyone!
Think I'm gonna buy a steering wheel off eBay or of someone on here is selling one I'll snap that up, be cheaper that way

Picking up a 172 interior tomorrow night, so that will be fitted at some point next week..also got a few little goodies on the way!

Will post more pictures up when I add more stuff to her!

1.2 Extreme

So today, a few bits arrived!
Clear side repeaters..
dy6e9u7u.jpg

Chrom bulbs front..
a3u5azyq.jpg

Also chrome bulbs on the rear.
5yby6eve.jpg

Picked up my 172 interior, so that will be getting fitted tomorrow, will post pictures up when it's done!

Also brought a few maintenance parts; front discs & pads, air filter, oil filter, spark plugs, both front wheel bearings and obviously some nice fresh oil..

The engine sounds a bit tappy atm, is there a guide on here for setting the valve clearances? If so could somebody link me to it!

Anyway, will post pics of interior when fitted!

1.2 Extreme

Fitted my 172 interior yesterday; results look much better than what was in there! Need some door cards now though!
patuhy7a.jpg

asuny4u6.jpg

a4y5uzah.jpg

Also gave her a clean..looking shiny now!
9ure4aju.jpg

Hopefully picking a sport grille up on Monday off -Dan on here..should make a massive difference!

Also on the look out for a decent set of alloys...looking at a set of 182 ones I think, would like them anthracite or black if anybody knows of any going!

Monaco - 172

Good progress mate. As for your foglight issue - I had a similar issue on my old 1.2 - Try cleaning the rear light cluster earths.

1.2 Extreme

Good progress mate. As for your foglight issue - I had a similar issue on my old 1.2 - Try cleaning the rear light cluster earths.

Thanks, it's getting there!
Sorted the fog light issue but now, there's a ticking coming from under the dash..all the lights (if there on) will flash in time with the ticking and if I put the windows down they will judder with the ticking... Quite embarrassing at night time and you start the car and the lights are just having a little disco of there own lol.
Read up it could be a control module that controls the electrics? Any advice on this or know anyone who could advise me?

Cheers in advance!

1.2 Extreme
Newbie From Coventry!

Bit more progress today!
Door cards fitted front and rear:
ba9u4asy.jpg

4uma8e9a.jpg

usytanub.jpg

Got my team heko wind deflectors delivered, so fitted them!
aqeguda7.jpg

Door cards came with 4 pioneer speakers, so music in the car sounds much better than standard..

Also..very pleased to say I think iv fixed the whole ticking noise coming from under the dash and my lights having a rave of there own...the outcome, sticking relays..swapped all 4 of the relays and now it hasn't done it since, but time will tell...fingers crossed!

1.2 Extreme

Also, forgot to add..fixed my gear stick gaitor, no more of it popping out of the trim when changing gear!
5y5yba9y.jpg

1.2 Extreme

Little update:
Got some door strips of here, fitted them and they look good!
e3y7ygys.jpg

Gave it a good clean yesterday then polished and waxed her!
a7apygat.jpg

Getting all my trims colour coded next week, will make such a difference as my front bumper trim is knackered!
Keep an eye out for the pictures of colour coding! ;-)

1.2 Extreme

Done a few little bits today, nothing major!
Had some black vinyl wrap lying around so decided to do my wheel renault badge black, looks good imo.
etydybu6.jpg

Also de-wipered it, quite like it but I need a blanking plate now!
8yja4a3u.jpg

Also got a little bit of club rep on the go:
urene6e3.jpg

Got my stubby aerial a while ago but never took a photo and showed it off;-)
juvasy3e.jpg

Getting my side strips and bumper strips colour coded tomorrow, will make a big impact hopefully!

Looks good Dayle. Even though I've only ever owned sports, I still look at the owners of the non sports and see what they're up to. Great stuff!

1.2 Extreme

Looks good Dayle. Even though I've only ever owned sports, I still look at the owners of the non sports and see what they're up to. Great stuff!
Thank You! Yeah insurance prices don't allow me to drive a sport :-( one day lol.

1.2 Extreme

Update Update Update!
Excited about this one!

Got my front bumper strip, rear bumper strip and side strips colour coded...
Rear bumper has already been painted before so it's slightly a different colour but can't tell unless the light hits it, gonna get a 172 rear bumper anyway so that should solve that issue! ;-)

Anyway enough of me talking, I'll let the pictures do the talking!

a7ypa5ad.jpg

y2egube3.jpg

5e8ytary.jpg

ava2uhyp.jpg

Photos aren't the best but ill get some better ones tomorrow!

Hopefully going to pick up a RS grill too, will top the front end off!

It's made such a difference to the car, must say I'm happy with it!

Thoughts?:cool:

1.2 Extreme

Bit of an unexpected update really... got some 182 alloys of Diagro here they are fitted:
apydudug.jpg

4 Brand new tyres, 2 in mint condition, 2 with slight kerbing on 2.
Swapped him with my alloys and £65, bargain!
Opinions?