ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v to 1.6 16v price difference

im looking to change my car in the new year some to something a little more powerfull but what is the price of a mint 1.6 16v bearing in mind i will be part exchanging my 1.2 16v in for it?

i was going to do this, but Ive decided to mint up my car and save for a 172/182 now. 1.6s are even more rare than the latter.

If I had a 1.6 id only want a 172 anyway, thats the way I am.

yeah deff MK2.
Sure the MK 1 is still a 172 but I hate the back ends and bug eyes.

MK2 comes fully colour coded too.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

Ive just exchanged my 1.2 dynamique 2003 for a 1.6 16v. It really depends on your mileage. Id only put 9,000 miles on mine in the year that i had it and keepng it below 10,000 miles makes a big difference to the price they will give u for it. They gave me around £6500 for mine, but the list price was £5700 i believe. The

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

Ops, hit post before id finished!!! anyway. The salesman showed me the list price on their system. After 10,000 miles the price dropped by about £1000. But obviously if your trading up with them there much more friendly on the price!! Pick up my 1.6 tomorrow so really looking forward to that!!!

Well has about 32,000 miles on it, due for its 36,000 mile service soon.

I would trade in for a 1.6 if it wasnt too much I suppose, but ill be patient.

My time will come.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

Well best bet mate is to go and speak to them. They will be able to tell you a price there and then. Be surprised how quick they can move when you may be giving them large sums of money. lol.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy

Pick up my 1.6 tomorrow so really looking forward to that!!!

Well done mate gone for right choice :D.

I have had my brand new 54 plate 1.6 16v Clio for 4 weeks (only done 160 miles so far) & it rocks! (as my first car).

Got a few xtras on mine: Xenons, Up-Rated Sound System (I think its the same one out of 182 the 4x40 one), Climate & Electric Sunroof..

Youll enjoy it when you get it...

Even the Fuel Gage & Temp Gage is digitized (they are now shown in blocks)..

I ended Up paying £10,065 including xtras and it should have cost me around £12,500 (it pays to hagel).

[Edited by the1 on 14 November 2004 at 10:00pm]

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

The 1.6 is new. 54 reg. On finance with them, value of my car, plus £500 deposite and £250 a month. Is slightly more as due to my insistence on having a new car, the value of my 1.2 as its only a year old, and to get the best deal you should keep it for 2 years then trade up, is less than what i owe them. So paying back slighty more. Isnt much more. But dieing for a bigger engine and now have enough no claims to make the insurance a sensible amount. However will be after a 182 next year.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

Mate thats a really good deal. What colour you get it in? I decided on Ottoman blue. Cant wait to get it tomorrow. Made me even more excited about it now. lol. It is funny though that the 1.2 and 1.4 now comes standard with an electric sunroof and the 1.6 doesnt. Bit strange. Considering the 1.6 is so rare, only ever seen 2 on the road where i live that they dont try to push them more by putting loads of stuff on them. But to be honest good for us that there rare.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy

Got it in Black & from RegVardys, but I got lots of internet quotes which they ended up checking on while I was there. They said that the only way they could match the prices was with Friends & Family discount (which I think is around 18%).

As reguards the 1.6 16v been rare, I live in Sheffield & have never seen a mk2 Clio 1.6 16v but seen loads of Clio 172/182..

Hope you enjoy it when it comes :D...