ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v to 172 brake conversion

Monaco 172
Has anyone attempted this?

Was just wondering what was involved as i have been offered the set up quite cheap.

Would like to know if anyone has tried this conversion or similar big brake upgrades.

There no point the caliper brackets won't fit.
Stock brakes are fine even with OE pads.
If you do want to upgrade then ds2500 pads are a good value upgrade with new braided lines and fluid.
Beyond that the only good otpion is 4 pot brake like Willwood etc but there £500 or so with new disk but they'll stop your car more than you'll ever need.
You can get the Ktec kit but its no better than stock realy it just looks better.

Monaco 172
Nice one mate cheers.

I'm not unhappy with the brake set up at the moment but theres always room for improvement! i think my money would be better spent elsewhere in that case.

Turbos.
The only time i found the 1.2's brakes wanting was when it was 4 up. I got 4 pots on my as i actually took it on track but that would be overkill for road use. I'd just get better pads, fluid and brake lines.

I track my car a lot and the only problem I've ever had is that at Bedford last weekend they faded but they needed bleeding before hand.
I use Halford Ferodo OE replacment pads normal disk normal lines and the expensive fluid Halfords sell.