ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v

197cup
I've not long bought a clio campus i music 1.2 16v an am jus wondering what the optimum bhp i can get out of the engine is - dont want a bigger engine just a strong 1.2 (well as strong as poss)

cheers

It sounds like its a new one, if so give it death for 10k and it will soon loosen up. Mine is so much quicker than when I first got it and more economical.
Make sure the drivers side mat doesnt go under the pedal either lol.

Shed.
been there and asked this. expensive engine to mod and not all that great increases. all id do is cam it, get some racing pistons in and maybe a different type of induction, like an intake kit or just another pannel filter. think about stripping it too.

197cup
I got it in Feb an it done 8k so far - pretty nippy car but i want to make it a "fast" 1.2 - it's been bought to play with so not really fussed for cost just wanna tune it up as much as possible

I got it in Feb an it done 8k so far - pretty nippy car but i want to make it a "fast" 1.2 - it's been bought to play with so not really fussed for cost just wanna tune it up as much as possible

For the cost its seriously not worth it buy a 1.4 or 1.6 and stick 1.2 badges on and your number plate is the best value for money.

There a lot you cna do but price is the issue. Individual throttle bodies and cams and about 120 is possible head work as well 135ish. FOr the cost you can do a lot better.

Give the car a good service for the best value if anything.