ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 8V difficult to start when warm.

Lots of Alfas
My brothers Clio that im borrowing at the moment has started playing up. :mad: When I try to start it when its already warm it struggles to start/idles way too low, it seems to do it more often when there is below quarter of petrol in the tank. Anyone else had this and know the cure??

Ive tried cleaning the throttle body, air filter and checked all the connections. It runs fine otherwise and drives like new (its a 51plate authentique on 59k).

Lots of Alfas
Ah cheers edde I wandered if you might know. Drove it up the A5 today and the temp gauge seems to be all over the place didnt notice that, so I guess its the temp sensor.

Clio 172
I've got this problem with my 172. If it's warm and i go to start it it sometimes just ticks over and doesn't start. Have to leave sit for a min before it goes.

Can anyone point me out the TDC sensor so i can give a clean or whatever to see if it makes a difference?

Cheers.

Jaki said:
I've got this problem with my 172. If it's warm and i go to start it it sometimes just ticks over and doesn't start. Have to leave sit for a min before it goes.

Can anyone point me out the TDC sensor so i can give a clean or whatever to see if it makes a difference?

Cheers.
Its most likly the temp sensor.

The TDC sensor is unlikly in your car if you want to find it its between the engine and gearbox facing upwards.