ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 Clio Broken. Help

Clio 1.2 Expression
I have been having this problem on and off for a few weeks now and just as I get to a garage to get the problem fixed, it sorts itself out and so the garage hasn't been able to do much about it.

Basically, when pressing the accelarator the car accelarates jerkily and sometimes very slowly, also the engine sounds like it is pretty wrecked aswell at times. The pollution light flashes too and has been for some time. All I have been told is that it could be a "loose connection" but to what I don't know. One time, with my foot right down on the clutch in traffic the car stalled (or that's what it seemed like).

I'm gonna take it to a Renault garage when I get chance, but I was wondering if any of you recognise this problem or could possibly give me an idea of what it could be.

Thanks in advance

Should probably say it's a 1.2 04 Expression with about 38000 miles on the clock. I've have had it since last september and done about 7000 miles in it.

Shhh
You got the AA, call them when it does it, they will read the fault from the computer for you.

Then replace it yourself.

Clio 1.2 Expression
I should also add that the jerkiness happens when I am at lower revs in any gear. Typically it happens between 2000 and 2500 revs. It only really clears at 3000 revs and up. It's not that I'm driving at too low revs because I have always driven at similar rev counts in each gear and never had the problem before.

Shed.

If its on 04 plate it wont suffer from the wire rubbing problem, they come with a different ECU mounted behind the battery.

yea i was gunna mention that. Dunno what the f**k will be wrong then. its ahppened to mine before, but not within the past year or so.

Taping my wire up where it was rubbing sorted the problem and i havtn had it since.

Clio 1.2 Expression
Yeah it's an 04 plate. Was having a look through other people's problems on here and the coil pack or MAP sensor seems to be the most likely thing at the moment. Do you lot think it could be either of them?