ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 ECU Replacement question

197 FF Glacier White
Guys, not a sport I know, but ......

The step daughters 1.2 02 Reg Clio is a non runner, the garage have told her the ECU is dead.

Now, on a previous car, I sorted this myself with a second hand ECU and lock/key combo kit from a breakers. Question is this, can I buy a similar kit of parts ie. ECU, keys, locks to use on her Clio, or is there another item, or indeed issue I could be overlooking? I know I could keep the original key and code it to the replacement ECU, but she only has the one key and thats pretty chewed up, so a fresh lock and key set was on the cards anyway.

Any advice welcome, there are a few sets like the above available to me through various sources.

Cheers

Gareth

Megane dci 130
Yes you can replace the ecu set from another car. That's if It is the ecu at fault. It's rare an ecu is faulty in my experience. It's normally down to wiring issues. What are the symptoms of yours?

But the answer to your question, you will need the ecu, the uch (body control module), and the key head.

You can then put your key blade in the new head and keep all your existing locks.

Make sure you get a set from the same spec car though.