ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1*2.... Equal length drive shafts?

Following a thread on WilliamsClio forum... Im led to beleave that the 182 cup (maybe other RS clios) run a form of equal length drive shafts

What models run this set up? 172 Ph2?

Does this help traction? cornering? torque steer?

Could be a good upgrade for Ph1 RS or Valvers/Williams

Cheers
Winston

ITB'd MK1
it's a 2 piece shaft with a bearing/and joint mounted to the block. On all Ph2 sports except 172 cup. Total length would be a likely issue on a mk1. I put one onto a the high power cup we built recently as an upgrade, as it needed a new shaft anyway

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
it's a 2 piece shaft with a bearing/and joint mounted to the block. On all Ph2 sports except 172 cup. Total length would be a likely issue on a mk1. I put one onto a the high power cup we built recently as an upgrade, as it needed a new shaft anyway

Both my psh1s didnt have this!

ValverInBits
my ph2 172 has this. it'd work with a 172 widetrack on a MK1 but you'd need to support the new middle bearing somehow. It's bolted to the block on an F4R

that WC.co.uk thread is an interesting read

Last edited:
Its all very much new to me this so please bare with me

Ph1 and Ph1 172 track the same?

182 non cup and 172 track the same?

As for supporting the middle bearing... we think some if not all the bolts can be used...if not a little bit of weld will keep it put lol

ValverInBits
not sure on the tracks mate. That's another for danny
if I were you I'd get hunting for some 172 Ph2 items.

Willy, Willy 2, V6
the two left side bolt holes are there... the f7r's lack the very right hand top bolt hole though. This could be sorted quite easily with a spot of welding though, as you will already have the correct position. So would be very easy.

Tav

Clio 197
I didn't realise any clio has equal length shafts? Similar to how Vauxhall did it on Cavaliers?

ITB'd MK1
Its all very much new to me this so please bare with me

Ph1 and Ph1 172 track the same?

182 non cup and 172 track the same?

As for supporting the middle bearing... we think some if not all the bolts can be used...if not a little bit of weld will keep it put lol

There's 4 different part numbers (Fred posted them a few weeks ago) I've changed from 172 to 182cup hubs without changing the shafts and there was no difference. I know there is a difference in the width of the ABS ring, which i think may be 2 identical length shafts with 2 part numbers, but a different ABS ring.

I believe the 4 different shafts are
ph1 (1 piece)
172 cup (1 piece)
Ph2 172

The last 2 being the same but with different ABS rings